54gene is a health technology company advancing the state of healthcare through large-scale discovery and translational research, advanced molecular diagnostics, and inclusive clinical programs for the benefit of Africans and the global population. Founded in 2019, 54gene utilizes human genetic data derived from diverse African populations, to improve the development, availability, and efficacy of medical products and diagnostics that will prove beneficial to Africans and the wider global population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist – Clinical Microbiology
- Ensure samples collected and registered correspond with the lab numbers given before the samples are processed.
- Sample rejection and acceptance criteria must be adhered to at all times.
- Ensure prompt test turnaround time based on processing SOPs from receipt of samples to the time the result is ready for validation by pathologist.
- Ensure quality control is performed based on equipment SOP and maintenance logs are up to date.
- Daily temperature charting (Fridge and room temperature).
- Required to adhere to all quality and safety guidelines as stated in laboratory manual
- Processing and loading of samples on Sysmex and Cobas platforms as well as other sophisticated equipment.
- Processing dried blood spots from consumer kits and performing the suitable rapid diagnostic tests (Comprehensive allergy test/ HeamoglobinSC).
Weekly / Monthly Tasks:
- Preparation of reagents & stains if required.
- Changing of reagents used in processes regularly depending on the equipment SOP.
- Maintaining and updating professional knowledge and taking responsibility for continuing professional development.
- Ensuring that services are provided in an accurate, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Maintaining data security and strict privacy with patient laboratory records.
- General supervision and cleaning of laboratory equipment including fridges, centrifuge etc.
- Assist in documentation and updating of laboratory work documents- SOPS, Policies etc.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science (Minimum 2nd class honours upper division) Core strengths in Chemical Pathology / Haematology
- 3 years post-NYSC work experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in usage of laboratory information management systems
- Experience in cancer genetics is an added advantage
- Authorization to work in Nigeria
- Valid international travel documentation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th October, 2021.