Medical Doctor at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor (Kaita)
Contract term: Fixed Term Contracts
- To supervise the overall management and ensure the smooth running of medical activities, including the supervision of nurses, nurse assistants and paramedic helpers, in order to ensure 24/7 good quality nursing care of patients admitted in ALIMA health program, in collaboration with the doctors and respecting a protocols & guidelines.
Responsibility / Main Activities
- Apply medical knowledge and skills in diagnoses and prevention of illness. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, and prescribe the necessary treatment while respecting ALIMA protocols in designated duty station
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, ensure patients/relatives have clear understanding of the available treatment options and their eventual outcomes.
- Attend ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all ALIMA medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Assists or Performs Emergency Obstetric surgeries (MVA, C-section, Exploratory Laparotomy etc.) under supervision of the OBGYN and in accordance with MSF protocols. Prepares the operative notes after each intervention.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized patients, through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment while respecting ALIMA protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Ensure proper documentation in the patient file including the particularly the final diagnostic at discharge that will be recorded in praxis.
- As assigned in the roster, conduct staff health clinics (staff and dependents), in accordance with ALIMA Nigerian staff health policy while respecting ALIMA treatment guidelines.
- Incident report related to nursing activities shall be registered in a special book.
- Monthly data collection for patient referrals, patient education sessions, doctor and nurse consultations, and missed appointments
- Monthly data collection on number of dressings done.
- Attendance at weekly medical and project meetings
- Cover the gap of colleagues Doctors when required in the project.
- Any other task as deemed necessary by the supervisor but in line with overall job responsibilities.
Implementation of prevention measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
- Ensures that his/her team, partners and community members are aware of ALIMA's policy and have access to information (complaint escalation mechanism, focal point…).
- Ensures that team members and partners involved in the project (Ministry of Health, national partners, etc.) follow training and awareness sessions and apply the rules for preventing abuse.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a nurturing and protective environment for his/her team, community members and project partners.
- Facilitates the organization of training and awareness sessions.
- Implements standards related to the prevention of abuse of power, gender-based violence and sexual violence.
Qualifications, Experience And Skills
- Essential Degree on medicine (Doctor) is mandatory
- Diploma in Tropical medicine, nutrition and paediatrics will be an asset
- Essential 2 years’ experience in tropical medicine, Nutrition and inpatient healthcare setup, pediatrics and or ITFC management experience in conflict or IDPs setup
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, outlook)
- Essential 5 years’ experience in relevant jobs, in ALIMA or others Medical NGO’s in developing countries.
- Have at least 3 years’ practice experience in management of Nutrition, Health and Sexual Reproductive Health
- Training skills
- Well organized and good negotiation and communication skill
- Interest in and commitment to ALIMA’s activities, enthusiasm to represent the organization to others, to travel to different regions of Nigeria
- Languages: Fluency in English, (written and spoken) is mandatory and Kanuri, Hausa and Fulbe are asset.
- Have experience of worked in difficult/insecurity area
- Strategic vision
- People Management
- Teamwork, flexible
- Knowledge of management of pharmacy
- Stress Management.
National Pay Scale Level 0
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 14th February, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Medical Doctor at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.