Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organization in Nigeria, implementing programmes in malaria prevention, and treatment, Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, new-born, and child health care. SFH ignites the power of health system thinking and market shaping to transform health outcomes.
An emerging pan African organisation, we provide a partnership platform to communities, donors, the private sector and government to co-create and implement actions that create real and measurable impact at individual, family, society and country levels. In a career at SFH, you will be the centre of making all these happen. You will be joining a team of problem solvers, with real passion to change the world in a fast-paced environment. We are a truly Nigerian rooted organisation with global standards and a diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive, and collaborative – and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
We are recruiting passionate, self-motivated, and highly qualified individuals to fill the underlisted vacant position, in response to organisational expansion:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Job ID: sfh-04528
Employment Type: Full-time
Slot: 5 Openings
- We are looking for talented people with a track record of high performance and passion for providing healthcare for their community to join our vibrant workforce under our Enhancing PHC for UHC (A2F) scheme. SFH is recruiting staff to work in PHC facilities in Delta State.
- The successful candidates will work in SFH’s PHC centres in Delta State under the scheme. Must be a qualified and registered medical professional with knowledge and skills to provide personal, family and community oriented comprehensive care medical services.
- S/He is responsible for providing patient-centred, culturally appropriate, and individual holistic care to the population.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Undertaking patient consultations and physical examinations
- Liaising daily with other facility staff
- Writing reports and maintaining records
- Promoting Heath education and conducting community outreaches.
- Monitoring and administering medications
- Performing surgical procedures
- Providing Pre- and Post-operative care
Qualifications / Experience
- Have graduated from the University with a Degree in Medicine
- Must have completed the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme
- Must have a minimum of 2 years post NYSC experience; especially with primary health care services including minor surgical procedures
- Valid practicing licence from Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria for 2022
- Must be computer literate and proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite at the minimum. Other computer skills will be of added advantage
Skills and Competencies required:
- Knowledge and skill in PHC and Clinic management
- Has skill in general supervision and liaising with other staff members in order to ensure adequate functioning of the facility.
- Government/Public sector engagement skill and knowledge of working of a health insurance scheme
- Good relationship management/ advocacy skills
- Leadership/mentoring skills, supervisory and good interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity and adherence to professional ethics
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using MS office packages including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook among others
- Must possess good data analysis, report writing, interpretation, and presentation skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is based on industry standards, and designed to attract, motivate, and incentivise talented individuals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st July, 2022.
- All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.