Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
The National Orthopaedic Hospital, Enugu which is one of the three National Orthopaedic Hospitals in Nigeria, is strategically located to serve about a third of Nigerians population residing in the eastern and southern flank of the country. The Hospital is a 350 (Three hundred and fifty) bedded Specialty Hospital which has been in the forefront for providing Medical services, training and research in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Medical Director (CEO)
- The Medical Director is the Head/Chief Executive of the institution.
- He/She is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of Health.
- The Medical Director is charged with the responsibility of the execution of policies and matters affecting the day-to-day management of the affairs of the Hospital.
- Candidates must have been Consultants for a minimum of five (5) years.
- Candidates must be medically fit.
- Candidates must be of proven good character and integrity.
- Evidence of Medical Researche is an added advantage.
- Administrative qualification and experience is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is an added advantage.
- Candidates must be Medical Practitioners registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria not less than twelve (12) years post qualification.
- Candidates must be Fellows of either the National Post-graduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African Post-graduate Medical College or its equivalent registerable by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Candidates must be Fellows in Orthopaedics duly acquired and registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
Salary and Allowances
Salary and allowances will be in accordance with the Public Service Salary Structure for this category of officer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty (20) copies of their Application Letters and Curriculum Vitae which must include:
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, one of whom must be a Senior Medical or Dental Practitioner of not less than twenty-five (25) years post qualification experience and who should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s academic, professional and managerial abilities as well as moral character and uprightness.
The Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to:
The Head of Administration,
National Orthopaedic Hospital,
Application Deadline 10th March, 2022.
- Candidates should enclose his/her Vision Statement for the Hospital in the next four (4) years in not more than 1,000 words.
- Recommendation Letters from the Referees should be sent directly to the address above by the Referees.
- This Advert Supersedes that of 3rd January, 2022.