Mechanical Foreman at SPIE Oil & Gas Services Nigeria
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific. Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Foreman
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract type: Permanent contract
- Ensures HSE policy fulfillment during his activities
- Establishes and maintains a strong safety culture in line with Company HSE Requirements and Rules
- Responsible to ensures compliance with HSE Legislation, Company Standards and Procedures under his area of responsibility to ensure employees safety, legislative compliance, and responsible environment attitude
- Ensures compliance with Operating Procedures & Guidelines with the asset to ensure Process Safety, Operational Safety and Plan Integrity
- Contributes to achieve and improve HSE targets.
- Performs the updating of technical documentation.
- Gives his contribution in Hazard Analysis, incident investigations, Root Cause Failure Analysis, process incidents advising his hierarchy about HSE issues and proposing corrective solutions.
- Monitor equipment conditions using all indications available in the control room, on site, and portable test equipment.
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment such as lubricating bearings, changing oil filters, or replacing parts.
- Diagnose equipment problems, report abnormal conditions to Mechanical Supervisor, and prepare detailed work requests for plant defects.
- Organize and perform on site, the maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility.
- Assist the preparation/planning team by giving any technical support for preparation of the jobs in his/her discipline.
- Carry out intervention and prepare the technical reports related to the field
- Monitoring the availability of parts and replenishing supplies.
- Maintaining and repairing operating equipment such as boilers, turbines, motors, pumps, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, or other mechanical components
- Read, interpret, and implement technical information found in manufacturer's and OEM technical manuals, electrical and mechanical P & IDs, and operating and maintenance procedures.
- Administer procedures and reports related to the operation, monitoring and maintenance of the plant; maintain accurate logs of daily operation, check sheets, change charts and ink recorders.
- Identify any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts and report to Mechanical Supervisor.
- Recording data such as measurements, temperatures, pressures, or other values during experiments or tests.
- Take charge of the systems/equipment under his/her responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation status.
- Identify recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyze them, and suggest improvements.
- Be responsible for maintenance activities on power turbines by planning.
- Responsible for the replacement of filters, greasing of rotating parts, alignments, and replacement of standard parts.
- Responsible for checking operation mechanism of each mechanical equipment.
- Reporting to the Mechanical Supervisor & CSR, provide technical support.
- Responsible of operating and monitoring of 3 Dual powered SOLAR Turbines and Black Start Generator.
- HND or higher Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience as a mechanical technician in a related industry.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering designs, installations, maintenance, and repairs.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Great organizational and time management abilities.
- Willingness to perform mechanical maintenance and repairs outside of business hours.
- Proficiency in mechanical design and diagnostic testing software.
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
Minimum level of experience required:
- 10 years or more.
- Non Electrical Habilitation (APAVE).
- English (E-Native or bilingual proficiency).
What can we offer you?
We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Mechanical Foreman at SPIE Oil & Gas Services Nigeria
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.