Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, on behalf of HarvestPlus, seeks suitable
Nigerians for the position below at its country office in Abuja:
Job Title: Market System / Value Chain Advisor
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Technically coordinate, implement, and monitor biofortified crops value chains.
- Support HarvestPlus partners and stakeholders in the implementation of projects and regular project reporting.
- Coordinate and network with relevant stakeholders/actors operating in the various biofortified value chains.
- Have experience in integration of stakeholders into value chains and be knowledgeable in identifying constraints and strengthening of weak linkages in value chains.
- Provide technical leadership for the implementation of activities using a market systems development approach.
- Build capacity of technical partners and stakeholders to foster market system upgrading.
- Implement diagnostics and assessments to evaluate market opportunities, identify partners, and design project partnerships and activities.
- Provide thought advice for the project implementing area private sector businesses, and other stakeholders in improving the market system.
- Develop appropriate business models and plans for the implementation and delivery of biofortified crops value chains.
- Specifically work with seed companies to ensure production, distribution, and marketing of biofortified seeds.
- Work with seed companies and agro dealers to ensure access to seeds at state and LGA levels.
- Support seed value chains with demand creation exercises and demos to stimulate demand for biofortified crops.
- Facilitate contractual relationship between producers and aggregators.
- Integrate commodity brokers into the various value chains to support marketing of biofortified produce at the various commodity markets/hubs.
- Work closely with the field team to strategize and implement activities aligned with the annual HarvestPlus project targets and be experienced in implementing value chain projects in Northern Nigeria.
- Implement value chains in crisis areas and work closely in collaboration with other members of HarvestPlus team.
- Prepare and implement operational plans and budgets for effective engagements with the development, private and public sector.
- Have sound knowledge of agricultural extension skills and smallholder capacity building and a focus of inclusive business models.
- Design and support the implementation of specific studies and request for proposals.
- Country specific contributions to monitoring, reporting to monthly, biannual and annual progress reports and evaluation of program activities.
- Prepare, moderate, document meetings and workshops and the organization of field trips as requested.
- Organize and implement field trainings and workshops.
- Coordinate the work of consultants/resource persons;
- Develop and implement technical, organizational and business advisory services and support to the creation of enabling environment.
- Work closely with the state and federal ministries of agriculture to integrate biofortification into their yearly programs.
- Develop and implement advisory services models that will deliver appropriate value chainwide technical support.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Agriculture (Agronomy), Agriculture Extension, Agribusiness Management, Agricultural Economics and Extension, Business Administration, or related field with a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in food business, marketing and technical function or similar role in a well-structured environment or donor-funded organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have additional training in the areas of value chain approach, cooperatives / social entrepreneurship, banking and finance, non-governmental organization (NGO) administration, business development services, policy formulation and advocacy ICT will be an advantage.
- Be experience in implementing nutrition-sensitive value chains
- Be experienced in agro-industries or development organization to facilitate and promote private sector agricultural development initiatives.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor and professional colleague.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 8th March, 2022.