Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Survey
Ref No: Mines – Obajana – 006
Location: Lokoja, Kogi
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: DCP – Operations
- Conduct sub-surface surveys to identify the characteristics of potential land or mining development sites.
- Provide input in specifying the ground support systems, processes, and equipment for safe, economical, and environmentally sound extraction or underground construction activities.
- Implement, and coordinate mining plans and safety programs
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct initial surveys, risk assessments and environmental impact assessments on potential sites to assess whether plans are workable.
- Select locations and plan underground or surface mining operations, specifying processes, labour usage, and equipment that will result in safe, economical, and environmentally sound extraction of minerals and ores.
- Implement and monitor the development of mines, facilities, systems, or equipment.
- Inspect mining areas for unsafe structures, equipment, and working conditions.
- Examine maps, deposits, drilling locations, or mines to determine the location, size, accessibility, contents, value, and potential profitability of deposits.
- Predict the environmental effects and impacts of mining, including air pollution and destruction of the landscape and devise solutions such as methods of storing excavated soil and returning exhausted mine sites to natural state
- Evaluate data to develop new mining products, equipment, or processes.
- Design, develop, and implement computer applications for use in mining operations such as mine design, modeling, or mapping or for monitoring mine conditions
- Implement and coordinate mine safety programs, including the design and maintenance of protective and rescue equipment and safety devices.
- Select or develop mineral location, extraction, and production methods, based on factors such as safety, cost, and deposit characteristics.
- Prepare technical reports for use by mining, engineering, and management personnel.
- Monitor mine production rates to assess operational effectiveness.
- Prepare schedules, reports, and estimates of the costs involved in developing and operating mines.
- Select or devise materials-handling methods and equipment to transport ore, waste materials, and mineral products efficiently and economically.
- Direct and supervise mine construction operations, such as the construction of shafts and tunnels.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head, Mines.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Mining Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of mining experience in operations, engineering, and project evaluation.
Skills and Competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of mineral estate economics, mineral properties, planning legislation and health and safety issues.
- Proven experience in Surface mine design and development.
- Ability to interpret maps, charts and graphical data
- Strong scientific and mathematical background
- Methodical approach to work practices with strong emphasis on quality.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of the cement manufacturing industry.
- Working knowledge of mine equipment selection, capital cost and operating cost estimates.
- Working knowledge of surveying technology/ mine planning software such as Minesight, AutoCAD or other mine development software.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply