Manager, International Programs at Population Council
The Population Council is an international, nonprofit, nongovernmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and to help achieve a humane, equitable, and sustainable balance between people and resources. The Council conducts biomedical, social science, and public health research and helps build research capacities in developing countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, International Programs
Location: Flexible, any of the locations where the Population Council has an office
Reporting To: Vice President, International Programs
Assignment Length: Indefinite
- The International Programs (IP) Division has the mandate of enhancing the work of the Population Council’s International Offices (IOs), Affiliated Organizations (AOs), strategic partnerships, and other staff working in international settings.
- The IP Division seeks to advance three interrelated outputs in support of the Council’s mission: 1) maximize international presence; 2) strengthen cross-office and cross-division collaboration for scientific and technical leadership, and 3) enhance talent and resource mobilization capacity.
- These outputs undergird the Council’s larger commitment to “shifting the center of gravity” by strengthening locally-rooted operations while leveraging the benefits of a globally-connected organization.
- The Manager will play a key role in supporting the Division’s delivery of these outputs.
- As part of an integrated IP management team (IPMT) spanning several geographic regions, the Manager will act as a point of connection, bridging various divisions, offices, and teams, coordinating the flow of information, ensuring smooth and timely operations, and facilitating better planning and more predictable delivery by the IPMT.
- The Manager will perform a range of administrative functions and engage in special projects and assignments to maximize the Division’s effectiveness. The position will report directly to the Vice President of IP.
In consultation with the Vice President, International Programs and together with the IP Management Team, the Manager will:
- Develop an annual IP operational work plan in alignment with strategic priorities; estimate resource requirements and define measurable goals; evaluate and report quarterly on progress and accomplishments toward achieving IP’s targets.
- Refine, implement, and enforce effective and efficient processes for the following core division activities: quality assurance, knowledge management, proposal development, and program communications.
- In consultation with the Institutional Review Board (IRB) committee, provide administrative support for IRB submissions from IOs and AOs.
- Organize, convene, and facilitate team, division, and cross-division meetings to foster collaboration and knowledge exchange.
- Work closely with the IP Division Coordinator, once recruited, to support the Division’s VP and IPMT.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the organization with key program and IO/AO office staff as well as the communications, publications, and resource mobilization teams to advance international programs goals
- Support IPMT in ensuring the quality of IP grant proposals, project deliverables, and implementation of newly awarded grants, including verifying compliance with donor requirements.
- Work with the VP, IPMT, and staff to create division presentations, memos, and other communications for internal and external use.
- Support IOs and AOs in developing and updating their annual office reporting including updating information on country web pages and other external platforms.
- Conceptualize, convene, and facilitate internal and external events of varying sizes and complexity.
- Support IO/AO staff and other IP colleagues on research uptake and scientific communication through synthesis and dissemination of scientific evidence and information. Support the design and development of briefs, presentations, infographics and related materials and facilitate and convene of webinars, workshops and symposia.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or a related field required (Master’s Degree preferred), with 5 to 7 years of relevant experience; or a satisfactory combination of education and relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Strong command of a second language (e.g., Arabic, French, or Spanish) will be highly prioritized.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments within given parameters
- Familiarity with data analysis, qualitative and quantitative research, design, and resource mobilization. This can involve experience as a researcher or in research-adjacent roles, such as communications, knowledge management, resource mobilization, or research impact.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams.
- Strong and creative command of Microsoft Office Suite required. Familiarity with additional design and data visualization tools will be prioritized.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20%).
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills, as well as proven ability to convey evidence and data in ways that are relevant and accessible to diverse audiences.
- Exceptional management and organizational skills, including the ability to manage and harmonize diverse skill sets and preferences within a team.
- Proven ability to think critically, problem solve, manage multiple priorities, adhere to deadlines, and work well under pressure to achieve results.
- Dedicated to personal and organizational growth, including building the capacity of others.
- Possesses a strong personal definition of leadership; willing to take turns listening and leading.
- Flexible and able to adapt to emerging requests with grace and humility.
- Maintains a sense of humor, and an ability to maintain perspective in difficult or busy times.
- Understands and apply principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in their personal and professional spheres of influence.
Salary & Benefits
- If position is based outside of the United States, the salary range and benefits will be in accordance with the local pay scale and benefits structure in the relevant Council international office.
- Our international offices provide competitive benefits packages including health insurance available immediately upon hire, generous annual and sick leave, and paid parental leave.
For U.S.-based positions, salary range is between $78,000-98,000 annually, depending on knowledge, skills, and experience. Excellent benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance available immediately upon hire;
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution equal to 12% of annual salary (up to a maximum salary of $200,000) after one year of employment;
- 13 weeks of paid parental leave;
- Educational assistance
- College tuition support for dependents
- 24 annual and 12 sick days per year (accrued semi-monthly)
- Approximately 10 paid holidays;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st March, 2023.
- When applying through the web portal please attach your CV and Cover Letter in Word or PDF format.
- Candidates based outside the US should be local nationals of the country where they will work, or regional non-nationals from LMICs holding, or able to acquire and maintain, the proper work permits/visas.
- We understand that there are many paths to acquiring expertise and experience and strong candidates may not have every qualification listed here.
- We encourage applications from individuals with diverse and/or nontraditional backgrounds who bring passion, skills, and experience in many or most of these areas.
- We strive to provide an environment of professional growth and development
- Pro-rated for part-time staff who work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Employees must work full-time to be eligible for this benefit
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Manager, International Programs at Population Council
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.