Manager, Human Resources at Search for Common Ground (SFCG)
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Human Resources
Reports to: Country Director
Department: Country Program
- The Human Resources (HR) team is responsible for the implementation of Human Resource strategies and policies, effective HR management, staff performance management, and facilitation of knowledge building and sharing. The Human Resources team collaborates with other departments, including Programs, Supply Chain, Program Development, and Information Technology.
- Prioritize Search for Common Ground’s policies, processes, procedures, guidelines, and practices to ensure labor law compliance and confidentiality.
- Partner with the Regional HR Business Partner on Human Resources programs and initiatives.
- Ensure integrity of Human Resources operations including and not limited to, data management and reporting, hiring and selections, salary equity, performance reviews, corrective performance actions.
- Reinforces synergy with cross-departmental systems, policies, procedures, manuals, and guidelines.
- Collaborate with Finance department on the development of integrated payroll process
- Manages Human Resources budget and department team members.
- Apply knowledge of Human Resources operations, including and not limited to recruitment, human resources information, compensation and benefits, performance management, employee relations, data reporting.
- Advise staff on Human Resources operation functions, including and not limited to recruitment, compensation, performance management, employee relations.
Human Resources Operations:
- Ensure Human Resources operations comply with Search’s policies, guidance, and standards and country labor laws.
- Lead updates, enhancements, and improvements, to Human Resources operations systems.
- Recommend updates, enhancements, and improvements to address inefficiencies of Human Resources systems, processes, and procedures.
- Manage Human Resources operations functions, including and not limited to recruitment, human resources information, compensation, performance management, employee relations.
- Advise and create a work plan on Human Resources operations inefficiencies.
Human Resources Program and Initiatives:
- Assess Human Resources programs and initiatives for effectiveness.
- Advise the Regional HR Business Partner and country leads on the effectiveness and implementation of organizational Human Resources programs and initiatives
- Ensure transparency and fairness in the recruitment and selection process.
- Recommend updates, enhancements, and improvements on the recruitment and selection process.
- Train managers on the recruitment and selection process to uphold transparency and fairness.
- Manage the compensation program including and not limited to pay scales, job leveling, job descriptions, and pay recommendations to ensure internal equity and reflect market trends.
- Collaborate on the monitoring of compensation market trends to maintain internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Partner with managers on promotions, transfers, and position leveling.
- Partner with the Regional HR Business Partner to address compensation irregularities.
- Manage corrective actions to compensation irregularities
- Participate in periodic pay reviews, to support initiatives for internal equity and market trends.
- Engage with Search’s compensation program administration guidelines to maintain equitable pay.
- Partner with Finance to develop, improve, and enhance integrated payroll processes, including but not limited to salary adjustments, benefits, allowances, and leave requests.
- Review payroll actions for accuracy prior to sending to the Finance department
Performance Management and Employee Relations:
- Manage performance management, including and not limited to timeframes for meeting the start and end of the assessment timeframe, capacity building for managing performance, and recordkeeping of the assessment and the Objectives and key Results (OKR) recordkeeping.
- Manage employee relations function, including advising and coaching managers and employees.
- Manage performance management and employee relations matters
- Ensure compliance with labor law and organizational best practices in all performance management and employee relation matters
- Partner with managers on performance and employee relations matters.
- Partner with managers on performance corrective actions, including and not limited to labor laws associated with required processes, and performance improvements plans.
Human Resources Information System (HRIS):
- Manage Human Resources Information System(s) for accuracy of data entry, data management, data reporting, etc.
- Partner with the Regional HR Business Partner on enhancements and efficiencies for the coordination with an organizational approach.
- Infuse organizational values into all work
- Other duties that are broadly in line with the above key contributions as assigned.
Type and Nature of Contacts:
- Routinely coordinates with colleagues and consultants on-site and in the field and resolves problem situations with tact.
- Represents, as assigned, selected programs or projects and other organizations, including donors, vendors, and international and local partners.
- Interacts with the country office and regional staff.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Usual office environment conditions; ability to travel internationally at least 20%.
Supervisory and Budget Responsibility:
- Manages the local HR Team and manages the HR Nigeria functional area.
Education and Experience
- Typically BS / BA with minimum 9 years’ experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: This position is only open to Nigerian nationals
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Manager, Human Resources at Search for Common Ground (SFCG)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria