Maintenance Technician / Handyman / Shift Operator at Dalchifit Hotel and Suites
Dalchifit Hotel & Suites Abuja, managed by Premium Swiss Hotels & Resorts Zurich-Switzerland, is a luxury 4Star hotel that has a wellness/fitness centre with world class gym and intergrated facilities to enable you play, work, and live, It is strategicallylocated at the residential area in 1st Avenue Gwarimpa,Abuja. The Hotel is 35minutes’ drive to/from Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport and 15mins from the city Centre of Abuja.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Technician / Handyman / Shift Operator
Employment Type: Full-time
Report to: Chief Engineer / Shift In-charge
- Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel. And to Complete maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis by following hotels standard operating procedures.
- Continually work towards and support the improvement of engineering service to guests, other departments and fellow staffs.
Main Duties and Tasks of Engineering and Maintenance Department
- Preventive maintenance programme.
- Carry outproposed renovation of guest rooms or public areas.
- Fire and Safety procedures.
- Any Emergency Procedures.
- Back-up System (Diesel Generator (DG) Sets and UPS Backup)
- Fire alarms and its monitoring.
- Fix any water leaks (isolation points).
- Maintenance calls logging and action.
- Ensure all types of equipment are checked regularly for proper and efficient operation.
- Regular tests of fire prevention system.
- Maintenance request forms filled out for all equipment or areas in need of repair
- All guest requests are given priority.
- Any electricity and light failure.
- Emergency lighting.
- Plant and Equipment Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM).
- Hot water boiler check.
- HVAC (Heating, ventilating and air conditioning) check.
- Cold water storage tanks.
- Water PH level monitoring for swimming pool and other water sources.
- All Lifts and Escalators.
- Bathroom exhaust fans.
- Swimming pool.
- Health club and Spa equipment.
- Monitorany external or 3rd party vendor maintenance jobs.
- Building structure.
- Roof condition.
- Environmental norms and regulations monitoring.
- Go Green initiatives.
- Waste disposal/ recycling.
- Laundry machines, washers, dryers, calender machine etc..
- All engineering department staff to wear the proper uniform.
- Grooming standards to be followed by the engineering team.
- Pigeon Wires.
- Energy saving.
- Meter reading.
- Maintenance and monitoring of solar panels.
- PABX and Telephone systems.
- Energy saving committee.
- BMS (Building Management System) operation.
- Hotel Facility Management systems operation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests.
- Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, and boiler systems.
- Communicate with different types of people to comprehend what they want and to provide them with information and assistance.
- Check for new maintenance requests from the PMS(Property Management System) and update remarks once the task is completed.
- Update the maintenance work order form / Job cardand file them.
- Preform maintenance activities in the guest room like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners / HVACand AC ducts.
- Read and understand blueprints, schematic drawings, and technical parts breakdown.
- Carry out specific oral and written instructions.
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Maintains the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform maintenance activities in hotel public areas like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing and electrical equipment and cosmetic items.
- Program TV's and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment.
- To clean, lubricate, protect, and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
- To operate as an independent mechanic by analyzing problems, identifying courses of action, and implementing solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality.
- To be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect guests and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
- To monitor fire Alarm / Life Safety System systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Engineering Supervisor or Chief Engineer.
- Train and instruct other members of the staff through sharing of knowledge and skills.
Education and Experience
- ITI or Diploma holder in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration or Electrical or Civil or Mechanical.
- 1 to 2 years experience in a similar role with a good understanding of English, both written and oral.
- To be able to work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organised.
- Ability to multi-task in busy environment and adheres to hotel the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information.
- Ability to ensure security of guest room access and hotel property.
- Ability to read and understand test equipment, measuring devices, and safetymanuals.
- Ability to interpret readings from meters & gauges and other measuring units.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Ability to work under pressure situations and exercise good judgements.
- Ability to focus attention on details, speed and accuracy.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 10th February, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Maintenance Technician / Handyman / Shift Operator at Dalchifit Hotel and Suites
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.