Maintenance Assistant at TotalEnergies
TotalEnergies is a global multi-energy company producing and supplying energy: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gas, renewables and electricity. Over 100,000 employees are committed to energy that is ever more affordable, clean, reliable and accessible to as many people as possible. As a company with over 500 professions in more than 130 countries, TotalEnergies places sustainable development in all its dimensions at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of populations by offering high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Assistant
Offer ID: 70480BR
Location: Churchgate Street, Lagos
Metier: Inspection & Maintenance General Resp., Maintenance
Employment type: Regular position
Branch: Marketing & Services
- Makes frequently on the spot inspection visit, to evaluate if maintenance and engineering works are performed in accordance with the defined job scope & schedule, company safety, quality and environmental standard.
- Ensures at all times that the quality of the works by the contractor is not compromised. Ensures that the bill of quantities prepared for the works are professionally followed in details by the contractor.
- Issues the general work permit on site. Ensures that the contractor and the station representative (dealer) comply fully with the instructions indicated on the general work permit.
- Issues the associated permit on the special authorization of the Maintenance Engineer (ME) or Maintenance Supervisor (MS) i.e the (Hot work, cleaning and degassing, tank entry, fire permit, weekend work, etc. Must ensure that both the contractor and the station representative(dealer) comply fully with instructions indicated on these permits.
- Performs on the spot assignment of the maintenance failures, evaluate the repair actions to propose work intervention through the MS and ME.
- Assist in the distribution or/ installation of special network needs such as fire extinguishers, poster frames, shelves, etc) as directed by the MS or ME
- Carryout an impromptu pump price change as directed by the ME.
- Keep good inventory register (hard copy) of the company assets (pumps, generators, fire extinguishers, compressors, etc). Synergizing with the MS/ME to maintain good database with minimaint.
- Ascertain continuously the pump flo rates, ensuring that the contractors maintain the required expected tolerance flow rates.
- Evaluates and registers the maintenance fault request to inform the MS or ME for action.
- Could request and collect quotations from competent registered contractors within the regions for action by the MS or ME.
- Could perform some minor on the spot repair if absolutely necessary considering the emergency need.
Context and environment
- Company’s Norm and Values in safety and environment must be respected at all times
- Teamwork, loyalty and transparency must also be ensured.
- Work standard must be done or ensured in accordance with the expected engineering regulation guiding the specific jobs.
- OND in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Positions may be in any of our locations in Nigeria therefore, applicants must be geographically mobile.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Must understand and have basic engineering drawing skills.
- Position is accessible to a person with a disability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Maintenance Assistant at TotalEnergies
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria