Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Medecins Sans Frontieres Provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Supervisor – Energy
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Period: One (1) year Fixed term
Open to: The vacancy is open to all residents of Nigeria.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager’s supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor’s instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment.
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person’s task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- In collaboration with Energy Manager, provide support and guidance to the contractors and field staff in order to ensure that all electrical and HVAC installations comply with MSF standards, protocols and procedures.
- Supervising and monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of his/her technical activity/activities in the project ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures. Including one or more of the following activities:
- Construction: all electrical and scheduling aspects of the implementing the electricity installations in the building according to plan.
- ICT: support the installation of the IT infrastructure in close collaboration with the ICT technicians.
- Supervising and leading the energy work under his/her responsibility including the definition of each person’s tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); ensure that electrical work is carried out in a safe manner; drawing up working schedule; organizing and leading meetings with contractors and participating in the staff training.
- Managing the stock of consumable items related to electrical installation, repairs and maintenance, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage
- Fully knowledge of electrical drawings.
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to maintenance are always completed and prepares needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
- Ensure a smooth collaboration with the other technical families and a timely intervention to the buildings.
- Ensure electrical safety; whenever possible, always disconnect the lines before work starts, ensure that other people are not exposed to unprotected electrical installations, inform manager of any issue related to the electrical safety.
- Managing and organizing the materials and tools needed for his/her activity/activities which includes inventory of stocks, receipt and processing of orders, keeping records of received goods and checking the monthly consumptions of consumable items
- Planning together with the line manager, the required checks and maintenance activities of the set-up / systems of his technical activity / activities.
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines and implementing reporting practices and protocols
- Performing delegated tasks according to his/her specialty and as specified in his/her job description
- Essential: Electrician diploma or recognized formal training. Desirable Engineering or construction diploma/education.
- Previous working experience as an electrician required (minimum 2 years’ experience). Experience in a similar position for 2 years (Preferable: Previous working experience working with MSF or other NGOs
- Maiduguri with visits to MSF intervention locations in Nigeria.
- Results and Quality Orientation.
- Teamwork and Cooperation.
- Behavioral Flexibility.
- Commitment to MSF Principles.
- Stress Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application including Cover Letter, Resume and Copy of relevant Degrees, Certificates and NYSC Certificate / Exemption to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of hte mail.
Send a Hard Copy of the documents to:
Behind CBN Quarters,
Maiduguri, Borno State.
- Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
- Please note only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women are encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 14th January, 2022.