Logistics Storekeeper at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Storekeeper
Contract term: Fixed Term Contracts
Main Purpose in the Organisation
- Assist the logistics/supply supervisor with stock management (receipt, storage, and issuance to projects or other departments of medical supplies, food items, spare parts, tools, equipments and other logistics materials), according to the line manager’s instructions and ALIMA standards, in order to ensure the overall functioning of ALIMA activities
Responsibility / Main Activities
- When receiving goods, check the number of packages against the cargo manifest, check packaging and cases and inform the line manager of any problems (missing or damaged goods, etc.).
- Immediately after reception of goods, update stock cards and/or create stock cards for all stock items.
- Pack (according to transport means), weigh and label freight (destination, number of shipping units, way bill number, weight and mode of transport) and assign a shipping number to each package, in accordance with the line manager’s instructions.
- Assist the line manager with preparation of the stock report.
- In conjunction with the line manager, perform physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined.
- Immediately inform the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse
- Responsible for monitoring the store temperature and ensure Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperature.
- Check the cold box directly on reception and control the cold chain-monitoring card.
- Prepare orders on time before sending goods, ensuring qood quality of packing material.
- Ensure that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Keep a special control of “sensitive” goods numbers of lots, expiry dates, and packaging and special storage conditions.
Qualifications, Experience And Skills
- Essential Secondary School Education and warehouse management related studies
- Essential 1 years’ experience in similar position
- Essential basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment.
- Desirable computer literacy (Words, Excel)
- Desirable ability to basic repairs.
- Previous experience as store keeper desirable with ALIMA or other NGO’s is desirable.
- Stress Management.
National Pay Scale Level 03.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover letter and Credentials as a single document to: [email protected] using “Logistic Storekeeper – Katsina” as the subject of the mail.
Note: This job profile is not exhaustive, as it could change from time to time according to the needs of the mission. Also know that ALIMA INGO is an equal employment opportunity provider. ALIMA INGO would not in any way ask for any form kind of favor from potential applicants
Application Deadline 20th March, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Logistics Storekeeper at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria