Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. One of the group of companies under Tetra Tech is delivering the DFID-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF) infrastructure improvement works. The programme’s duration is contracted for an initial 48 months with a possible 24-month extension.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Specialist, Transitional Police Unit, Abuja, Nigeria
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- PRO-telligent (PRT), a Tetra Tech Company, is implementing the Department of State (DoS), Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) Transitional Police Unit (TPU) training program in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The five-year police training program will work closely with the Nigerian Police Force (NPF) to continue to build the capacity and professionalism of Nigeria’s police. Through TPU, INL will provide training, mentorship, and equipment, to the NPF as it continues to strengthen civilian security, rule of law and public order in accordance with international standards.
- The Logistics Specialist will serve as part of the Project Management Office (PMO) team on the TPU project in Nigeria and will carry out duties designed to meet the objectives of the project. Under the supervision of the Logistics Manager, the Logistics Specialist will manage all activities associated with fleet and equipment management, to include maintenance schedules, fuel tracking, inventory logs, catering and laundry requirements, TPU training transport support, and TPU uniform and equipment management (ordering, delivering, tracking, and issuing).
- This position reports to the Logistics Manager and handles the day-to-day accountability and control of all equipment on the program.
- Ensure all vehicles are licensed, insured, maintained properly, and oversee fuel cards.
- Facilitate customs clearance, delivery, and issuance of all personal mail and packages.
- Track and report mail and packages.
- Coordinate with local travel agencies or airlines to support project travel.
- Coordinate training logistics services, to include catering service, laundry service, transport service, distribution of uniforms and supplies, security services, and internet services.
- Support the maintenance and care of all property and equipment.
- Organize and distribute equipment, supplies, and other items to trainees.
- In close coordination with the procurement team, support the purchase, rental, sale of goods, services, real property, works and other project requirements, for budgeting funds allocated to the contract, procurement actions, entering contracts, inviting vendors to register, submit quotations, bids and proposals, negotiation with vendors, and contract signature as needed.
- Maintain inventory tracking, control, and storage of equipment and supplies needed for training and the welfare of the trainees and staff.
- Manage storage, and inventory control of uniforms, clothing, equipment, vehicles, other personal, classroom supplies, and any additional equipment needed during the period of performance and as specified under this contract.
- Prepare monthly inventory reports of the contents of the storage/warehouse.
- Assist the Logistics Manager to oversee all vehicle maintenance activities and maintains preventive maintenance schedules and activity logs for the fleet. All maintenance activities will be performed by licensed service providers in Abuja in accordance with dealer recommended schedules and vehicle maintenance manuals.
- Support the procurement team with the identification of vendors and solicitation of multiple quotes for all local procurement requirements on the contract.
- Arrange transport services as needed to carry trainees to off-site locations through the daily rental of troop carrier trucks, 55-passenger buses, or other local option at the preference of the government.
- Arrange daily cargo truck(s) rental to transport uniforms and equipment from the Embassy to the training academy.
- Assist the Logistics Manager to conduct full quarterly inventories of equipment on the program, maintaining complete, current, and auditable records on this contract for all material and property.
- Travel to training facilities outside of Abuja will be required to track the distribution of equipment and other inventory, as well as coordinate travel and other training logistics.
- Receive and inspect orders to ensure the right quantity, the items are placed in designated warehouse spaces and simultaneously scanned and/or logged into the Property Management System. Any items not received at expected times are noted and our purchasing personnel conduct follow-up proactively.
- Track distribution of clothing, materials, and supplies to police cadets.
- Conduct regular inventory inspections to identify potential technical issues or defects with gear to be issued to cadets, such as color mismatches, manufacturers’ defects, etc. Manage a corrective action process by which defects are eliminated from the supply chain.
- Must have a BA from an accredited university.
- Three years of professional experience in logistics and project management, or similar field, with an international organization.
- Moderate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), MS Visio, MS Project and Windows Operating System.
- Responsible, highly organized, and motivated.
- Fluency (speaking, reading, writing) in English.
- Experience with inventory management.
- Familiarity with U.S. Government regulations highly preferred.
- Ability to travel outside of Abuja for periods of one week or longer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.