Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
- The Logistics Officer will be responsible for general operational and logistics planning for Malaria Consortium activities in Nigeria with special focus on Abuja activities.
Scope of Work
- The Logistics Officer will support project logistics planning, implementation and regular updating.
- They will conduct general logistics and operations support in accordance with the Malaria Consortium policies.
Travel management (40%):
- Organise and book all national and international flights based on approved Travel Authorisation Forms (TAFs)
- Organise all airport pickup and drop offs with Malaria Consortium or hired vehicles
- Provide international travelers with letters of invitation and visa support letters as required
- Prepare and coordinate the receipt of MC logistics brief for all planned travels internationally and locally in conjunction with other delegated admin personnel
- Record and submit a monthly movement tracker related to ocal and international flights based on TAFs received.
- Ensure the ‘Country Visitor Information Guide’ is up to date and accurate and available to visitors on the Malaria Consortium Intranet page
- Organise and book Abuja accommodation required by visitors or staff for work purposes.
Operations management (30%):
- Organising general Malaria Consortium seminars/workshops/conferences including other related events as assigned
- Provide advice/support to project managers in designing and organising travel plans, events, workshops and conferences
- coordination of all logistics related procurements in line with Malaria Consortiums standard procurement processes
- Coordinating, Organising and tracking of logistics briefs related to MC Travel plans using flights, taxis, rental cars and/or Malaria Consortium vehicles as required .submitting documents as part of a monthly movement tracker
- managing all payment processes related to travel, logistics and event plans made on behalf of Malaria consortium
- Support on any other logistics and operations related task provided by line manager
Fleet management (30%):
- Manage the Abuja based drivers, including planning the driver roster, driver training as required and performance reviews
- Conduct driving assessments for all new Malaria Consortium drivers in Abuja
- Ensuring that all drivers have valid driver’s licenses and have completed a valid eye test
- Ensure all Malaria Consortium vehicles in Nigeria are registered and have required vehicle insurance with submission of regular tracking tools on same
- Ensure logbooks are completed for all trips, with all logbook data collated into the Fleet monthly report for Malaria Consortium abuja office and coordinating the reports for other MC offices
- Provide monthly analysis of the fleet report to the Abuja Office Manager, including fleet costs analysis, issues and recommended actions for fleet improvements
- Manage all fuel usage and costs for Abuja based vehicle used by Malaria Consortium
- Source and book rental vehicles, following the Malaria Consortium Procurement Policy, as required to supplement Malaria Consortiums fleet needs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or similar qualification in Administration, supply chain management or related field
- At least 3-5 years’ experience working in an operations related role specifically in administration or event management
- Highly organised
- Flexible and self- motivated
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- He/she must clearly display the ability to effectively prioritise and perform to tight deadlines.
- Proven writing skills in English
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively with staff in other locations
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Facilitation and coordination skills
- Excellent Microsoft skills
- Attentive to detail
Work-based Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Demonstrable driving skills and a valid driving license.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th May, 2022 (23:59 BST).
- Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date.
- Early applications are encouraged.
- To apply for this position you will need to have the right to work in Nigeria.
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.