Logistics Manager at Tearfund Nigeria
Tearfund is a Christian international relief and development agency working globally to end poverty and injustice, and to restore dignity and hope in some of the world’s poorest communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Manager – Nigeria
Job ID: 2671
Location: Abuja, Nigeria with frequent travel to our various field bases in Nigeria.
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Job Category: International Relief & Development (Outside UK)
- Are you an experienced and qualified Logistics Manager? Tearfund Nigeria has an exciting opportunity for a professional and qualified Logistics Manager as part of our Senior Management Team.
- The Logistics Manager (LM) is responsible for the logistics function in a Tearfund Nigeria programme.
- Covering supply chain, asset management, transport, communications, IT and office/accommodation infrastructure, the LM ensures policies and procedures are known and complied with.
- As part of the programme's Senior Management Team, the LM contributes to strategic decision-making and shaping the overall strategy of the programme.
- The LM manages the logistics staff in the country programme with the responsibility for setting up and implementing a coordinated logistics function in support of the programme.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Candidates should possess a Master's / Degree and / or appropriate equivalent qualification. Associated Technical qualification (e.g. electrics) and further qualifications in humanitarian logistics will be an added advantage
- Proven technical (sector specific) logistics experience
- Management of technical equipment including radios, satellite phones, generators, IT
- Proven experience in the management of staff
- Project budgeting and management
- Proven experience working to compliance levels of international donors
- Working knowledge of good logistics practice standards in: SPHERE, Humanitarian ,Accountability Partnership, People In Aid and Red Cross Codes of Conduct, health and safety at work,cross-cultural/overseas work experience working with government bureaucracy and Proven NGO work experience will be an added advantage
Skills / Abilities required:
- Leadership and management
- Organisational and administrative
- Computer literate, able to work efficiently in Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to lead, participate and facilitate in collective staff prayer and bible studies
- Training and mentoring skills,radio and satellite phone troubleshooting,electrical power generation troubleshooting, off-road driving (4×4, winching) training skills, IT software troubleshooting and local language skills will be an added advantage.
- Negotiation and representation
- Analytical and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
Personal qualities required:
- Emotionally & spiritually mature and team player
- Flexibility, ability to remain calm under pressure and willingness to travel and live in basic conditions
- Networking and people developer and motivational qualities will be an added advantage
- Understanding and sensitivity to cross cultural issues
- Commitment to accountability to beneficiaries, showing dignity and respect, and demonstrating listening and understanding
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Applicants must be committed to Tearfund's Christian beliefs.
- The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues.
- In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter terror-terror measure
Application Deadline 27th March, 2023.
Potential Interview Date 26th April, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Logistics Manager at Tearfund Nigeria
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.