Logistics Manager at GKT Consults Limited
How to Apply
GKT Consults Limited is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Logistics Manager will be responsible for the day to day running of the Logistics and Transportation Department, ensuring a safe and reliable service to transport our guest safely.
- This responsibility will extend to developing strategies to ensure the efficient and cost-effective functioning of the service.
- Candidate must be with close proximity to Airport road, Isolo, Ejigbo axis with ability to resume as early as 6am.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, supervise and coordinate staff duties, activities and responsibilities including discipline.
- Conduct regular appraisals and identify professional development opportunities for staff.
- Identify the departmental financial needs and manage these through budgets
- Ensure the department and personnel are compliant with state laws and traffic regulations
- Management of company vehicles.
- Develop and be conversant with Lagos routes, and schedule vehicles and drivers.
- Recruit and hire new permanent and temporary logistics staff.
- Monitor and maintain the vehicle tracking and camera systems.
- Develop and monitor the Transport department operations and capital expense budgets.
- Compute overtime and bonus of team members on a monthly basis.
- Issue security gate passes for vehicles.
- Maintain annual leave records for Transport department personnel, and ensure leave forms are completed as required.
- Identify training needs and continued driver development, such as advanced driver training and safety.
- Ensure good maintenance culture of the company cars and oversea maintenance.
- Maintain accurate current year and historical transport department files.
- Serve as a member of the Operations Management Team and attend weekly meetings.
- Prepare and submit weekly reports to the Director.
- Understand and be proficient in the use of the PowerSchool data base.
- Develop monthly rosters that engender adequate rest period.
- Ensure daily reports are completed properly and accurately.
- Ensure the departmental facilities, assets, tools, and equipment are recorded, maintained, managed and compliant in every aspect.
- Ensure the departmental protocols, SOP's and handbooks are continually updated, maintained and shared with staff.
- Ensure the relay of information to all stakeholders and team members is communicated timeously and appropriately:
- Day to day management of the transportation department.
- Develop and keep current the Transport Department Incident Management Report, Policies and Procedures, and ensure compliance by all department members.
- Manage incidents requiring employee discipline.
- Prepare the pick-up and drop-off schedules for guest and communicate to team members • Order and manage diesel/petrol efficient.
- Manage and reconcile petty cash advanced to team members.
- Maintain safety standards to ensure compliance with insurance regulations, and develop a program of preventative safety
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Director.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- HND, B.Sc, M.Sc in relevant field.
- 5 – 15 years work experience.
- Experience in scheduling routes, vehicle maintenance, and employee management.
- Strategic planning background in relation to the transport industry.
- Ability to Drive with a valid driver’s licence.
- Prior experience driving or managing drivers.
- Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written, and able to communicate well with guest and colleagues.
- Prior experience working in a Transport office and managing a fleet of vehicles.
- A positive attitude, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- A committed team player with the ability to take initiative.
N100,000 – N120,000 monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 17th January, 2023.
Thank you for viewing: Logistics Manager at GKT Consults Limited
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.