Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Location: Bade, Yobe
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Logistics Officer
Proposed Start Date: July 2022
Job Categorty: Logistics
Level: Entry Level
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Logistics Assistant to prpvide effective logistics support for smooth programme implementation by ensuring smooth logistics operation of the sub base which includes but not limited to fleet management, 3PL tracking and allocations, facility management, energy and fuel management .
- Follow up on vehicle utilization; notify mechanical officer for repair and maintenance in line with Kitlog;
- Follow up sub base vehicle registration and license ensuring the screening and update of vehicle checklist;
- Review the SFU and submit to Logistics Officer on a regular basis;
- Ensure premises and facilities are in good order, and manage the replacement of damaged items bulbs, switches, plugs, furniture, taps etc;
- Ensure generator running hours are clearly recorded and follow up with its maintenance when required;
- Supervise the renovation and maintenance of structures needed for the functioning of the base (programmes, offices, house, warehouse);
- Purchase items available in the local market using LPE with relevant documentations;
- Check items delivered by suppliers, ensure coherence with the requirements stated on the PR, and ensure quality products are received;
- Ensure all deliveries to the store are recorded and well documented;
- Deliver all procured items to stock or the requester according to requested delivery date;
- Support the development of a reliable list of suppliers and update any documentation as necessary;
- Effective supervision of security guards and daily workers;
- Track lease administration of the base, prompt notification for lease renewal;
- Manage storage when in the absence of no storekeeper and this includes store management, monitoring of stock utilization, management of storage conditions as well as management of shipments and cargo;
- Needs identification and month procurement requisition of base needs;
- Follow up and issue request for quotations and related documents from suppliers;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration or a related field;
- Previous experience in a similar role and context will be an advantage;
- Effective multi-tasking skills with the ability to coordinate and handle pressure/stress well;
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
Starting Gross Basic Salary / Benefits
- NGN183,056 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline 29th June, 2022.
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.