Logistics Analyst at Zipline Nigeria
Zipline – Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and life-saving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Analyst
- This person will support pre-clearance import approvals and export enablement, customs clearance and import processes, final mile transportation and delivery of new deployments and regular replenishment of spare parts inventory.
- You will work cross-functionally with global logistics, material planning, manufacturing and in-country operations teams to grow and manage Zipline’s Nigeria transportation network.
What You’ll Do
- Own all aspects of delivery of production materials (finished goods and spare parts for aircraft and ground equipment) from port of entry, through final mile transit, to Zipline Distribution Centers.
- Manage and assess the performance of customs brokers and final mile carriers, establish and report operational metrics to Logistics leadership, and keep current on country-specific regulatory requirements pertaining to the import of Zipline inventory.
- Issue detailed reporting for stakeholders as required, including operational efficiency improvement, cost reduction and capacity planning.
- Undertake improvement projects as directed by Logistics leadership and identify, define and implement new process improvement opportunities.
- Partner cross-functionally with internal stakeholders (legal, finance, regulatory, operations) to facilitate pre-clearance import approvals as required from destination government entities.
- Serve as the representative for global Logistics to country operations leadership, conducting regular reviews of transportation network performance, outlooks and trends.
- Coordinate all aspects of inbound transport service with carriers, customs brokers, and government officials for international air and ocean freight including, but not limited to tracking, customs clearance, expediting, final mile transport, and receipt confirmation.
- Establish standard operating procedures for inbound transport activities including mapping end to end process flows, verification of arrival of inbound air and ocean shipments and on time / delivery performance.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or at least five years working with transportation and import related activities within Nigeria.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; ability to achieve success in situations with high degrees of uncertainty and complexity.
- Self-driven gain and implement a broad knowledge of logistics best practices.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, with a strong drive to achieve results.
- Desire to grow and take on increased scope of responsibility.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be fluent in English. Ability to write, speak, and present effectively and persuasively at all levels.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Please be advised that we have not yet kicked off the interview process for this role and you should expect a slight delay in hearing back from us. We will be in touch as soon as we are ready to begin interviewing.
- Once hired you will go through a rigorous training program with Zipline Academy to gain a deep understanding of our history, our mission, our impact, and our UAS systems. The program includes a thorough Flight Operations training that covers different parts of our system and our drone.
- Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
- We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position, please apply!
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Logistics Analyst at Zipline Nigeria
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria