Nile University of Nigeria is a fast-growing private higher education institution located in Abuja. The University was founded in 2009 and is a member institution of Honoris United Universities, the first and largest Pan African network of Higher Institutions. Nile University has over 6,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students, 38 undergraduate programs across six faculties, as well as 51 postgraduate programs across six faculties.
We are currently recruiting a highly competent and result-oriented candidate to join our dynamic team in the position below:
Job Title: Librarian II
Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Code, classify, and catalog books, publications, films, audiovisual aids, and other library materials based on subject matter or standard library classification systems.
- Receives and interprets requests from students/staff, consults library materials, and locates relevant information
- Explain the use of library facilities, resources, equipment, and services, and provide information about library policies.
- Review and evaluate resource material, such as book reviews and catalogs, to select and order a print, audiovisual, and electronic resources
- Compile lists of books, periodicals, articles, and audiovisual materials on particular subjects.
- Keep records of the library’s e-resources, circulation, and materials in the library database
- Provides student/staff with general information on library services; assists and instructs library users in accessing library services, equipment, and facilities
- Organize collections of books, publications, documents, audiovisual aids, and other reference materials for convenient access.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science, Information Systems or any related discipline
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a school library.
- Ability to develop initiatives and ideas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Affiliation with a Professional body
- Must be adept in the use of MS Office Packages.
- Requisite knowledge of library practices and procedures
- Possess great cataloging and documentation skills
- Vast knowledge of library databases
- Notable attention to detail
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Your application must include the following:
- Your current curriculum vitae (CV) in a Microsoft Word format, saved with your full name.
- A Cover Letter explaining how you meet the advertised criteria (also in Microsoft Word format).
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 30th June, 2022.
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.