Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Contracts Counsel – SSA
Job ID: R39368
- Do you have legal acumen and a passion for working in dynamic, creative and time critical environments?
- Can you work collaboratively, manage through influence and communicate effectively on many levels to shape commercial contractual landscapes?
- Be part of our dynamic and transformative organisation.
Join our forward thinking Legal & Commercial Centre of Excellence Team:
- Our cross cultural and diverse team is made up of talent from across the globe with a passion for commercial and contractual Law. Our purpose is to provide counsel on an enterprise scale across the Baker Hughes portfolio.
- We are seeking a new addition to our team to support the commercial side of the business.
- The role will report to the Europe and SSA Regions Managing Commercial Legal COE Counsel.
As a Legal Contracts Counsel, you will be responsible for:
- Advising, negotiating and drafting commercial customer facing agreements to negotiate the best terms possible for all stakeholders and identify policy deviations
- Identifying deviations across a variety of contractual and sub contractual agreements to ensure legal compliance whilst maintaining business objectives
- Resolving issues arising from existing and potential commercial relationships to provide business-oriented solutions
- Conducting Legal Contract training seminars for sales personnel and other departments to effectively communicate the value of contractual and commercial legalities.
- Providing assessment, guidance and recommendations regarding contractual risk to Operations and Management to activate approval, renegotiation or withdrawal
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to gain full understanding of Baker Hughes’ contracting policies and processes
Fuel Your Passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in a Law related subject
- Have at least 5 years experience in global commercial contracts specifically relating to review, drafting and negotiation
- Have excellent communication skills working collaboratively with a diverse set of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Be detail oriented and results focused
- Have a valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate (please indicate clearly on your resume).
- Demonstrate track record in a regulated and industrial manufacturing, engineering or technical environment
- Show consistent ability to work in a team-oriented, fast paced, diverse environment
- Demonstrate clinical attention to detail, legal eloquence and an ability to make informed and accurate decisions in high pressured environments
Work in a way that works for you:
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely from home
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times you work in the day.
Working with Us:
- Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply