Laboratory Attendant at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Attendant
Ref. No: STS2023-005
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitmrnt Type: STS- National
Duration: 6 months renewable contract
- Assist in maintenance and multiplication of disease-free materials in SAH laboratory and on the field.
- Assist in collection of data from lab, screen house and field trials with appropriate data capturing tools.
- Assist in the maintenance of harvested yam mini-tubers in optimum storage condition in the storage facility and cleanliness of all working areas.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisors.
- O'level with a minimum of two (2) years experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good communication skills (writing, reading, and speaking).
- Have the ability to use field book applications for data capturing.
- Have excellent skills in plant sub culturing in the laboratory.
- Have the ability to manage plants in the laboratory and screen houses under optimum condition.
- We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 9th March, 2023.
- Interested applicants should complete the online application by attaching a detailed Cover Letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Laboratory Attendant at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.