Laboratory and Logistics Advisor at Chemonics International
Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory and Logistics Advisor
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has three task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All the three task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The project also supports the UNAIDS 95-95-95 initiative adopted by USG PEPFAR, Federal Ministry of Health and Global Fund.
- A key part of achieving this goal is ensuring the optimal operating capacity of various and strategically placed diagnostic and treatment monitoring equipment across health facilities in the country with the aim of implementing a standardized and cost-efficient sample transportation and results delivery model. reduce turnaround time (TAT) for results delivery, reduce patient loss to follow up and improve early initiation of treatment for TB and HIV patients.
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the State Laboratory and Logistics Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd / Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- The Laboratory and Logistics Advisor will coordinate the implementation of the integrated sample transportation and results delivery network across the specific state.
- Serve as a technical resource for the implementation and administration of the National Integrated Sample Referral Network (NISRN) policies, objectives and goals
- Ensure samples are collected from all designated health facilities/ hub sites and transported to the Regional PCR laboratory
- Diligent record keeping of managed-vendors (3PLs) for samples movements and result retrieval back to the requesting service delivery points
- Carry out bi-weekly samples and results audits to ensure all samples are tested and results/reports generated are delivered to the requesting facility/hubs/Implementing Partners
- Monthly, compare submitted data from 3PLs with those of PCR sites as justification for payment.
- Collaborate with Logistics Advisors in the State/Regions for effective management of the NISRN strategy
- Collate states and regional NiSRN reports, review and provide weekly and monthly summary of samples transfer and result returns
- Ensure SOPs, Laboratory manuals, guidelines and forms are available and are appropriately utilized at health facilities, sample processing and storage hub, referral and testing laboratories
- Periodically carry out spot checks on 3PLs transport facilities and cooling devices to ensure compliance with standard requirement
- Maintain partner relationships and coordination among stakeholders; ensure high quality and timely delivery of all contractual and programmatic obligations
- The State Laboratory and Logistics Advisor will work closely with all implementing partners operating in the region
Other Responsibilities Include:
- When requested by the Regional Director, attend technical meetings and represent the project in USAID Partners and MOH activities, liaising with partners and stakeholders at the regional and state levels
- Provide technical support in the implementation of system strengthening initiatives and pilots, including the continued national roll-out of a web-based LMIS, for Supply Chain strengthening
- When requested and under the direction of the Regional Director, provide oversight and direction for sub-contractors supporting implementation of NIRSN activities in the State/Region
- Document and track lessons learned to support roll-out of health and logistics systems.
- Support the implementation of targeted training and capacity building programs to improve laboratory management, use of data and electronic information systems, quality assurance, and accountability at the facility, state, regional, and central levels; revise programs based on a process of continual evaluation
- Support the development of technical manuals, guidelines, and standard operating procedures for sample pick up and result delivery
- Support the design, development and implementation of logistics systems for Lab commodities in the various PCR Platforms
- Other duties as required by leadership
- Knowledge of Nigeria’s health sector landscape and a network of contacts in the State Ministry of Health and PEPFAR/Global Fund implementing partners
- Ability to provide technical support to ensure that activities are designed and implemented with high quality and meet project timelines
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, as well as system troubleshooting
- Excellence in communication, presentation and technical writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to mentor and build capacity of health care providers on the implementation of the NISRN strategy
- Ability to provide recommendations for improvement and Optimization of the NISRN strategy
- The Laboratory and Logistics Advisor will report directly to the Regional Director, Region 4 for operational matters and Director Laboratory & Logistics Program or his designee for technical issues.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Osun, Nigeria.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Public Health, Logistics Management, or its equivalent. Additional Master’s Degree in relevant area will be an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in Laboratory Logistics Management/Clinical Sample Management
- Knowledge of Polymerase Chain Reaction equipment for viral load, Early Infants’ Diagnosis, and GeneXpert machine is desirable
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Show keen interest in learning, turn on job experiences into research articles for Publications or Conference papers and mentor and Interns
- Registered with the professional regulatory government agency
- Specific expertise in HIV/AIDS, TB or Malaria programs.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills are highly desired.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 3rd February, 2023
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Laboratory and Logistics Advisor at Chemonics International
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.