Investment Analyst at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Investment Analyst
Job Requisition ID: R105754
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
Job Family Group: Finance
Worker Type: Regular
Business Unit: Finance
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
What’s the Role?
- Support the Head, Investments to manage SNCPFA’s Investment Portfolios within acceptable risk parameters and in accordance with Shell Group, SNCPFA Policies and relevant statutes e.g. Pension Reform Act 2014, Statement of Investment Principles etc. Successful candidate would be responsible for the underlisted:
- Contribute to the formulation of Investment and Risk Management plan for funds under the management of SNCPFA.
- Proactively assess and recommend improvements to processes to support timely, efficient and profitable investment of funds.
- Assist in the conduct of periodic risk-based assessment of counter-party financial institutions and brokers and recommend institutions for retention or suspension.
- Provide weekly review of macro economic indicators, fiscal and monetary Policy and market developments that impact the value of the Funds. Develop, articulate and recommend appropriate strategies to leverage these indices to optimise returns for the Funds.
- Negotiate, confirm and execute Fixed Income (Bonds and Money Market) deals with approved counter-party financial institutions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Conduct periodic fixed income research to provide market colour and insight into opportunities beyond legacy exposure.
- Ensure the Pension Fund’s offshore equity portfolio is appropriately re-balanced to the approved benchmark index.
- Ensure the activities of offshore Fixed Income portfolio managers is consistent with SNCPFA’s risk appetite and rating requirements.
- Contribute to the assessment, analysis and preparation of investment/divestment proposals for approval by the Investment Strategy Committee (ISC).
- Evaluate and execute approved Capital Market transactions (domestic and offshore).
- Provide relevant advice and concise and timely periodic management information reports on counter-parties and investee companies.
- Establish and maintain cordial and mutually beneficial business and professional relationships with financial intermediaries, stockbrokers, Nigerian Stock Exchange, and relevant regulatory agencies such as the Central Bank of Nigeria, the Securities and Exchange Commission etc.
- Conduct quarterly performance review session with all fund managers (Equity and Fixed Income).
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly ISC meeting slides and quarterly Board meeting activity reports/slides.
- Keep abreast of developments in both local and global Financial Markets and ensure compliance with relevant legislation, statutory regulations and guidelines governing the Funds’ investments, in particular Pension Reform Act 2014.
HSE (Health, Safety and Environment):
- Ensure work approach is consistent with the HSE ethos and rules of the group.
- Financial Institutions – local and international.
- Stockbrokers and Research houses.
- General Partners.
- Out-perform fund benchmark within specified and acceptable risk parameters.
- Timely and efficient execution of approved transactions.
- Regulatory Agencies.
- Investee Companies.
- Fund managers.
What We Need From You?
- A First Degree plus a Professional Accounting qualification. CFA, FRM or CAIA is an added advantage.
- Strong negotiation skills and good interpersonal, team working and networking skills.
- Ability to analyze macro economic developments to proactively gauge market action.
- Ability to anticipate regulatory actions and market reactions.
- Must have at least 8 years of relevant experience.
- Must have a knowledge in investment management.
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian and Global financial markets and processes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Investment Analyst at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.