Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Instructor – Fitness Center
Job Number: 22070289
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Category: Golf, Fitness, & Entertainment
Brand: Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type: Non-Management
- Instruct group fitness classes (e.g., aerobics, spinning, strength training) at all ability levels.
- Provide advice to individuals on the correct method of exercising with fitness equipment.
- Assess individual’s current exercise program and level of fitness to develop personalized exercise programs and provide fitness counseling.
- Promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere for guests.
- Observe activity in the recreational facility and respond appropriately/in accordance with local operating procedure in the event of an emergency.
- Provide assistance to injured guests until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Clean and maintain recreational area, equipment, and supplies.
- Call Maintenance or an outside service company if machines require service.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds with assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.
- We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.