Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Insights Manager (Cross CE)
Locations: Abuja, Port Harcourt – Rivers, Damaturu – Yobe and Kano
Pay band: 7 / F
Contract type: Indefinite Contract
- The Insights Manager, Cultural Engagement will assess market insight needs for the relevant focus area within the Cultural Engagement (CE) Strategic Business Unit (SBU), providing expert advice to colleagues on insight and research requirements.
- The role will support designing research needs, coordinating briefs and suppliers on specific insight projects, and providing detailed quality assurance from planning to dissemination.
- The role will also help define and develop insight practices, processes, and frameworks as set by the Head of CE Marketing Innovation.
Consultancy, analysis & problem-solving:
- Applies advanced market insight and analytics expertise to provide advice to Cultural Engagement globally in the relevant area.
- Applies analytical approaches to identify and assess current state of market insights and analytics infrastructure, processes, and systems, define opportunities for improvement and design, develop and implement agreed improvements, enabling global consistency.
- Undertakes expert analysis on options for change, benchmarking contemporary best practice, to support recommendations for change and drive market insight and analytics process and system development.
- Distils complex concepts and analysis into cogent and persuasive presentations, which convincingly influence decision-makers about the case for new market insights and analytics approaches, systems, processes, and tools.
Internal Customer Focus:
- Builds an in-depth understanding of the particular operational context, opportunities and challenges for market insight and analytics activities within relevant CE area.
- Makes appropriate linkages to issues across the broader organisation, to ensure that the development of market insights and analytics projects and initiatives is based on informed business insight and joined-up thinking.
- Consults closely with internal customers and other stakeholder to understand current and future business needs for market insights and analytics.
- Supports the designs, development and management of the global infrastructure for market insights and analytics, e.g., insight databases / systems within relevant CE area.
- Leads the development of global processes, standards and best practice for market insights and analytics for CE.
- Reviews impact and effectiveness of projects and initiatives, and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures identified improvements have measurable impacts on marketing performance.
- Actively plans to ensure engagement, buy-in and compliance with changes that will be driven from CE Insights team.
- Defines and develops key data collection standards, processes and templates for CE Insights in relevant area.
- Ensures joined up planning and delivery of customer, competitor and market research, insight and analytics projects and initiatives.
- Ensures consistent application of agreed data collection standards, templates and processes across CE marketing.
- Provides expert advice, support and challenge on market insights and analytics to internal customers and other stakeholders.
- Proactively pursues an annual cycle of formally recognised Continuing Professional Development to maintain and deepen their professional expertise.
Commercial & Financial Management:
- Using agreed corporate systems and processes, plans and manages the budget for agreed market insight and analytics projects and initiatives.
- Conducts monthly and year-end reporting on progress against plan and deliverables, budget, and management of issues and risks.
- Actively applies learning from this process to improve financial planning, management and performance within their area.
Relationship & Stakeholder Management:
- Promotes and champions best market insights and analytics within regions and countries, and through the Marketing Community of Practice.
- Develops peer/personal networks within and outside Marketing to enhance own knowledge and expertise.
- Proactively builds and maintains excellent relationships with internal partners and stakeholders to ensure integrated, joined up and future-proofed approaches and solutions.
Leadership & Management:
- Plans and prioritises own work activities to ensure effective delivery of diverse responsibilities and deliverables over a quarterly to annual time horizon.
- Determines work plans and coordinates input from others (who may be outside the direct management line) to meet specific objectives
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant degree e.g. business studies, marketing, or equivalent level of experience
- Significant experience in managing and commissioning market insight and research projects and initiatives within a large and complex organisation from commissioning to dissemination of results.
- Demonstrable experience in providing expert advice and guidance on market insights and analytics
- Demonstrable experience in coaching managers to use market insights and analytics to improve business performance
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
- The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment.
- We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
- The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
- We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
- Candidates must have the pre-existing right to work in location. Mobility / relocation support will not be provided
- Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
- If you have any problems with your application please email [email protected]
Application Deadline 8th March, 2022.