Information Technology System Analyst at Promasidor
Promasidor – We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology System Analyst
- The Microsoft Dynamics Navision Functional Analyst is required to analyze business processes and create functional specifications based on information presented by business users to recommend and deliver solutions that will improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of our operations.
- This includes the design & support of processes as well as training of NAV users on the Microsoft Dynamics NAV application and third-party software applications integrated with it.
This role involves:
- Requirements gathering, NAV system support (troubleshooting, proposing solutions…) and training.
- Defining requirements, further enhancements, integrations, and customizations to NAV.
- Participating in projects that involve integrating new add-on applications with NAV.
- Support Dynamics NAV Operations.
- Contribute to the knowledge base and engage in knowledge transfer activities among team members and users.
- Assist in the definition of Navision security settings/access roles for various user groups to ensure segregation of duties.
- Create Navision Functional specifications for configuration, integration with third party applications and Navision customizations.
- Help define the usage and integration of NAV with other systems and implement its features and functions to meet business requirements.
- Document and understand our business requirements; and configure the software (Dynamics NAV) to meet them.
- Elicit requirements using best practice techniques (interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process modelling, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis etc.).
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Carry out requirements management, analysis, and communication.
- Work as part of the team to liaise between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Assist the functional analysis team to translate the results of business analysis into NAV functionality, including data requirements, configuration etc.
- Develop and execute test plans.
- Validate changes to NAV (for problem fixing, change request reasons or upgrades) and get appropriate signoff before the change is put in use in the “live” environment.
- Participate in all phases of the User Acceptance Testing process and QA as it relates to NAV configuration.
- Support NAV-related projects so that their objectives are achieved within their defined scope, quality, time, and cost constraints.
- Act as ICT IS Resource on projects
Training and Communication:
- Provide NAV orientation and training to end users.
- Develop and update users’ manuals.
- Provide comprehensive reporting and status back to ICT Information Systems’ line management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any other related course.
- 3+ years of Functional NAV-related work.
- Computer or Information Science with Business orientation.
- Detailed knowledge of Dynamics NAV system.
- Strong understanding of Accounting rules.
- Standard office computer tools (email, word processor, spreadsheet).
- Understand the issues relevant to NAV software modules including Production, A/R, A/P, G/L, Inventory and Fixed Assets.
- Functional analysis techniques.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Project Management and Business Process Analysis techniques.
- Programming experience in Dynamics NAV / Navision (C/SIDE, C/AL) is a plus
- Understanding of various development methodologies.
- Customer-oriented mindset.
- Excellent analytical skills & attention to details.
- Ability to abstract reality into models.
- Basic people management.
- Assertive drive of mixed groups of people.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to work independently and under a project manager.
- Understanding of technological issues.
- Good communication skills with ability to simplify.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Team spirit.
- Structured writing skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and handle stress.
- Time Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Information Technology System Analyst at Promasidor
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria