Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology Assistant
Job ID: 210007IW
Employee Status: Permanent
Reports to: IT Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: None Budget responsibility: No
Team: Nigeria Country Office
Post Type: National
- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- To provide IT technical services to the Abuja country office its sub-field offices by troubleshooting IT issues, ensuring timely maintenance of all communication/IT equipments. S/he will provide all needed IT services to and also act as a part of the SCI Nigeria IT team during an operation request.
Key Areas of Accountability
The Information Technology Assistant shall be accountable on the following key areas in Abuja, Kogi and Kaduna field offices of Save the Children International program in Nigeria:
- Support Lagos, Jigawa field offices on network troubleshooting ensuring an effective network connection. and maintain the entire local area network installed at the supported office locations
- Troubleshooting and maintain the network devices e.g. printers, scanners, etc.
- Maintain record of the local network, VPN connection and the wide area network installed and terminated in his/her supported location.
- In consultation with the IT Manager and other team-leads, ensure that visitors (including staff from other locations, ERPs and consultants have the necessary IT assistance to enable them carry out their official assignments during their visits.
- Configure and install systems and set up new users.
- Carry out routine preventive maintenance/checks, and troubleshoot problems with his/her assigned field offices. Ensure all IT hardware equipment and computer accessories/peripherals are maintain effectively.
- Ensure all IT problems within the office are identified and solutions found and implemented.
- Perform IT hardware inventory update as necessary.
- Set up projectors, printers, photocopiers, fax machines, digital cameras, etc. for everyday office use and as necessary for meetings, etc.
- Ensure the field/sub-field bases supported by him/her have a well installed and functioning voice network (IP PBX). All devices are functioning and the service is cost effective
- Troubleshooting technical problems with mobile subscriptions and IP Phone.
- Ensure radio and satellite equipment is operational. Ensure satellite phones are working and SIM cards are activated at all times
- Ensure good asset management at the office(s) he/she is supporting through maintenance of an accurate and up to date asset register and inventory tracking system.
Logistics and Administrative Officers:
- Responsible to make sure that all assets (IT and office equipment) is correctly used
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff and record all asset movements and disposals of IT equipments
- Providing first level on IT helpdesk support in assigned field offices
- Communicating any service disruptions to users, opportunities and other relevant policies
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager
Security and Backup:
- Keep the network and all computer systems safe, secure and virus-free.
- Report any alleged or suspected misuse of IT systems/equipment, lapses of security and major violations of organizational standards to the in-country IT representative.
- Ensure proper backup of all staff information, files and folders.
- Provide a regular activity/progress report to IT/Information Manager on all aspects of IT operations, highlighting any issues encountered and special initiatives taken etc.
- Participate in and as part of the program network IT representative manage by the IT/Information Manager
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures, including safeguarding children, code of conduct, etc.
- Other – Data Analysis experience using Microsoft Power BI, security experience
- Internal – SCI Staff in Abuja, Kogi and Kaduna field offices, Nigeria IT team
- External – IT Contractors and Service providers as managed by the in-country IT representative.
Behaviors (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
Qualifictions, Experiences & Skills
- Level of Education – Degree in IT and related IT certifications.
- Strong knowledge of Web design; databases; system, network, operating system and application administration; embedded software or firmware
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, including XP, Windows 2003, and Window 7, and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication, organisational skills, including the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously; have strong interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of people.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English – Excellent,
- Level of IT Expertise Required – Excellent
- Experience coding/debugging flexible, scalable and complex programmes
- Microsoft SharePoint Development
- Scripting Languages (python, VBA, etc)
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Power Suite (Power Apps, Power BI, Power Automate)
- UI/Web design
Prior Experience Expectations
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 3
- Experience in Server and Active Directory Management and Power platform development
- Experience in a relatively insecure field based environmen
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Women are strongly advised to apply.
- Equal Opportunities: The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- Child Safeguarding: We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Safeguarding our Staff: The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
- Health and Safety: The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures
Application Deadline 25th October, 2021.