Information System Analyst and Web Database Developer at the World Health Organization (WHO)
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information System Analyst and Web Database Developer (NOC)
Ref No: 2302027
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 6 Months
- As per the transformation agenda, WHO Nigeria is moving to an integarated approach to effectively deliver its manadate and to ensure value for money. The integrated approach is focusing on the ongoing efforts to revitalize and strengthen Primary Health Care within the recently developed framework for National Strategic Health Development Plan (NSHDP), 2018-2022. Integration of data management and digitization of data using the latest technologies are indispensable for timely information generation and better guiding the program towards the attainment of GPW13 indicators and contributing to the global triple billion target.
- Currently, WHO is supporting the effort of the government to digitize and integrate campaign data. In collaboration with CHAI, WHO is aiming to undertake an innovative project that seeks to digitize health campaigns across various disease areas in Nigeria. The project is aimed at fostering development and adoption of needs driven innovations and digital technology platforms to improve efficiency and effectiveness of health campaigns in countries. WHO is searching for an experienced and skilled data architect to support the campaign data digitization effort.
Main Objective of Assignment
- The objective of the post is to support the government of Nigeria in the campaign digitization process and provide technical assistance in the design, testing, implementation and maintenance of the platform.
The incumbent is expected to support the digitization of health campaigns data initiative across various disease areas.
Under the overall guidance of the WHO country office representative and over all supervision of SHI Cluster Lead, the Web-based Data Developer will carry out the following specific tasks:
- Support and oversee the process of integrated digitization of campaign data, from design stage to its deployment.
- Provide technical assistance on developing, optimizing, and overseeing the campaign digitization conceptual and logical data systems.
- Support integration and digitization of data to reduce fragmentation, inefficiencies and foster strong accountability measures during implementation of health campaigns.
- Facilitate and support the migration of data from existing systems to the web-based database solutions.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems in the immunization program.
- Conduct capacity building activities in web-based database development, programming and latest data management technologies, through training and individual support.
- Prepare training manual and guideline on the integrated data management system.
- Contribute to strengthening health systems in countries through mainstreaming proven innovative digital technologies for routine services.
- Review and propose collaboration across different programme areas and clusters to scan the horizon to adopt emerging technologies and innovations to improve service delivery.
- Attend the Campaign digitization working group meeting and prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly report on the progress, challenge, and proposed solutions of the project.
- Perform other activities as required by WHO Representative.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
The following Key performance indicators will be monitored to assess the contribution of the incumbent towards the overall assignment objective:
- Periodic progress report (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) on the integrated digitization of campaign data.
- Regular attendance in the Integrated Digitization of Campaign Data Working Group meetings.
- Number of WHO and government staff that benefitted from capacity building training in programming, database, and web-based development.
- Technical assistance and information management support to government.
- Information management guidelines and training manual developed.
- Progress made on the key milestones of the project (design, test, implement, and deployment)
- Migration of the fragments data management approach to integrated web-based data management system within WHO.
Qualifications & Experience
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Database Administration or relevant database related field with additional data management training.
- Training in Web-based database development, programming, and project management.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role with previous web-based database development.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL and other databases.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Relevant work experience in WHO, other UN agencies, health cluster partners, relevant nongovernmental or humanitarian organizations.
- In-depth knowledge of database technologies, architecture, and data security.
- Knowledge of best practices in database management.
- Advanced analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
Additional Desirable Skills & Competencies:
- Basic knowledge of ICT, programming, mobile and web – based data technology
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures. Demonstrated abilities for teamwork.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different background.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Producing Result
- Building and promoting partnerships across the Organization and beyond.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th March, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Information System Analyst and Web Database Developer at the World Health Organization (WHO)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.