United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Information Management Officer (Child Protection)
Job No: 547502
Contract Type: Temporary Appointment
Categories: Child Protection
How Can You Make a Difference?
- Under the direct supervision of the Child Protection System Strengthening Manager and under the overall guidance of the Chief Child Protection, the Information Management Officer (For Child Protection) will be responsible for the provision of quality data on integrated case management system across the Child Protection UNICEF programme in Nigeria, especially for the Almajiri programme and the Spotlight Initiative focus states to address violence against girls.
- The Information Management Officer (For Child Protection) will work closely with the UNICEF M&E team to ensure that all CP/VAC data are timely and accurately submitted for reports and adequate programming.
- The incumbent will also support the planning processes, partnerships and technical guidance for the deployment of IMS in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Women Affairs and State level child protection actors.
Summary of Key Functions / Accountabilities
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Information Management System for case management
- M&E and knowledge management to track results of the prevention and response to violence against children
- Production of monthly/regular analysis of data from partners
- Development of a fact sheet for Nigeria on child protection information management
- Provide monthly progress reports indicating progress in execution of the assignment.
To Qualify as a Champion For Every Child You Will Have
- An Advanced University Degree in Information Systems/Information Management is preferred or a University Degree in Social Work, Public Health or any other related field (with at least two additional years of work experience)
- Along with fully understanding Primero/CPIMS+, the CPIM Officer will need to be familiar with cloud-based deployments, understanding provisioning servers, deploying applications, setting up monitoring and other security measures, as well as local server deployments, networks, and hardware configuration (laptops, etc.).
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with the UN and/or NGOs, with a significant portion in child protection is required; specific experience in an emergency setting will be an added advantage. Within the 3 years required, a minimum of 1-year experience on CPIMS utilization rollout coordination.
- Good technical understanding and familiarity with information management systems for case management.
- Demonstrable training and capacity building skills for a range of stakeholders.
For Every Child, You Demonstrate
UNICEF’s core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA), and:
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness
- Works Collaboratively with others
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships
- Innovates and Embraces Change
- Thinks and Acts Strategically
- Drive to achieve impactful results
- Manages ambiguity and complexity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you through your application
Application Deadline 13th January, 2022.