The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ILMS Clerk – All Interested Candidates
Announcement Number: Abuja-2022-074
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series/Grade: LE – 0805 5
Promotion Potential: LE-5
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 09. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- The incumbent is responsible for the operation of the entire Abuja Post non-expendable property supply activities
- Manages and maintains records tracking over $16M of USG accountable property under the Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS) or other approved inventory system.
- S/he prepares related inventory reports, manages and maintains the ILSM system for all data entries and reports for all U.S Govt agencies for the Embassy’s non-expendable property.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Minimums of two (2) years of supply/warehousing or directly related experience in a well-structured and large warehouse is required.
- Must have thorough knowledge of supply and associated agency supply instructions and procedures, and standard storekeeping procedures.
- Must have good knowledge of Excel spreadsheet, PowerPoint and MS Word.
- This may be tested.
- Applicants must specify level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Good working knowledge of English Language is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be computer literate and be ready to lift frequently, heavy materials or items (max 60kg). Must be able to separate items into technical or commercial items. Must be tactful in dealing with Embassy personnel. Must have a valid current driver’s license.
Equal Employment and Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application.
- Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
USD31,083 salary annually.
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process.
- To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement.
- Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Secondary School Certificates
- Driver’s License
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
Application Deadline 29th June, 2022.
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.