The Nigerian Women’s Trust Fund (WF) was created in 2011 to increase the representation of women in Nigerian governance at all levels and address the growing concerns about the gender imbalance in elective and appointive positions. The goal of the Fund is to institutionalize access to resources for women in politics in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Officer
Employment Type: Half / Full Time (Negotiable)
Reports to: CEO
Contract length: 5 years, renewable yearly
- NWTF is looking to recruit experienced personnel to fill various positions under a donor-funded project on Women’s Political Participation.
- The new program aims to promote democratic consolidation in Nigeria by contributing to the building of strong, inclusive, effective, and legitimate democratic institutions.
- The global objective of this program is: to foster a functioning pluralistic, inclusive, participatory, and representative democracy in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- The specific objective of this program is to engender the conditions for inclusive, transparent, credible, and peaceful elections and a more inclusive decision-making process with the meaningful participation of women.
- The priority of this program is to enhance women’s political participation and demand greater transparency and accountability in the electoral and decision-making process and promote greater women’s participation.
- To contribute to this long-term aim, the project will work towards increasing awareness of women by enhancing their capacity to engage in Nigeria’s electoral process.
- This increased awareness will contribute to the informed participation of women in the 2023 general elections and other elections in Nigeria.
Under the guidance of the Communications Manager and the CEO, the IT officer will have the following responsibilities and provide the following deliverables:
- Manage the overall technology infrastructure including implementation and management of the software applications and hardware infrastructure that support operations.
Ensure systems administration including:
- General computer support.
- Upgrades and updates operating systems and user applications.
- Software installations.
- Liaise with project experts to provide targeted support.
- Troubleshoot any IT technical issue and resolve it in a courteous, professional, and timely manner in person or via email, telephone and/or other electronic media.
- Complete setup and configuration of company laptops and desktops and troubleshoot these devices as the need arises.
- Maintain accurate IT asset inventory and assist in the acquisition of new ones if necessary.
- Consult IT knowledgebase(s), Internet, other team members and any other appropriate resources for the purpose of independent troubleshooting.
- Work with vendors on hardware warranty issues.
- Install patches and upgrade hardware and software in accordance with the company’s life cycle management policy.
- Monitor and maintain email applications, virus protection software, web filtering and monitoring appliances, and security system profiles.
- Implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Maintain user profiles ensuring password policies and other system policies are enforced.
- Assist with new IT projects by investigating options and making recommendations as to what systems, hardware, and software changes are appropriate, including and not limited to desktops, laptops, cell phones, printers, and area/department-specific software.
- Train and enhance user knowledge regarding computer software and hardware.
- License management.
- Server set up and management.
- Network and printer support.
- Deployment of equipment.
- Setup and support audio/visual equipment for presentations and training on and off-site.
- Update and maintain the ICT equipment inventory.
- User support.
- Perform needs assessment for new applications and modifications to existing ones
- Inform and train project staff on how to adhere to security ICT policies and train new and current employees on computer software and ICT systems
- Provide procurement assistance including, but not limited to, researching solutions,
- Be innovative with ICT and gender, elections, and election observation from a gender perspective.
- Engaging with potential vendors, making recommendations for product purchases, and assessing needs and developing terms of references
- Assist with preparation of operating budgets based on estimated and actual expenditures for ICT systems and support needs.
- Perform all other working tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree within Information Technologies, or substantial working experience within relevant fields and have obtained and maintained relevant certificates.
- Experience in the use of Corel draw and Adobe Suite in creating appealing graphics content.
- Experience in managing and creating website using wordpress and HTML & CSS
- Ability to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with results-orientation and efficiency in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to perform effectively under high pressure.
- Minimum of three (3) years within the ICT technical field.
- Prior working experience in national and or international organizations.
- Experience in handling troubleshooting and system repairs.
- Experience in the use of various social media platform to disseminate information (Digital Marketing)
- Experience in drafting reports.
- Experience in handling professional Camera and Video editing.
- Good command of ICT in relation to women’s political participation
- A good overview of women’s political participation issues, and an active interest in the workings of civil society.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Enthusiasm to learn and apply new skills.
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Traditional Office hours of 8 am – 5 pm weekdays with some travel in and outside Abuja.
Negotiable and competitive within the sector.
- Health Insurance
- 28 days leave
- Opportunity to travel across states Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.