The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: ICLA (Information Counselling and Legal Assistance) Team Leader
Job Identification: 1431
Location: Monguno, Borno
Job Category: Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance
Job Schedule: Full time
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015 in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Yola and Maiduguri Area Offices, Field Offices in Borno and Adamawa states and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Livelihoods & Food Security (LFS); Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA); Education and Camp Management Camp Coordination (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- The purpose of the ICLA Team Lead is to ensure the smooth implementation of ICLA activities in Monguno. The following is a brief description of the role.
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and Responsibilities
- The Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Team Leader is responsible for overseeing direct field implementation of ICLA activities in Monguno LGA of Borno State, in line with NRC policies, guidelines and strategy.
- Adhere to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Oversee the provision of ICLA services in Monguno LGA of Borno State according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and key external stakeholders
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and ICLA Programme Manager.
- Ensure that all protection related detected cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the related Protection Coordinator.
- Supervise ICLA teams in Monguno and ensure their capacity building and transfer of key skills
- Responsible contact person for all field and direct implementation activities in the area of operation
- Ensure that services target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Liaise and collaborates with Field coordinator for support needed by the team
- Contribute to protection needs and trends identification and ensure adequate ICLA response
- Provide oversight for the ICLA response in Borno State where ICLA operates.
- Manage, supervise and support ICLA teams through capacity building activities and on-the-job training
- Develop, implement and oversee the activities implementation work plan in line with ICLA objectives
- Ensure standardization of activities according to the ICLA policy and handbook
- Contribute in developing SOPs, checklists and relevant ICLA tools
- Oversee data management, ICLA database and documentation related to ICLA services
- Conduct regular field visits, spot checks and follow up of activities
- Coordinate externally with relevant stakeholders, host and refugee community, local authorities, humanitarian actors and local organizations
- Provide regular progress reports about the activities implemented
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Supervise and support capacity building activities for frontline workers and key actors
- Ensure the implementation of the safe identification reporting and referral system
- Monitor and follow-up on the quality of the services provided
- Conduct regular field visits and spot checks to ICLA field activities
- Operationalize and mainstream technical inputs from the ICLA PM, ICLA Coordinator and Officers
- Contribute to the oversight of officers
- Assess new locations for ICLA outreach activities
- Candidates should possess a Degree.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 09:19 am: 30th April, 2021.