IC Programme Assistant to the Resident Representative at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. It provides expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Headquartered in New York City, the status of UNDP is that of an executive board within the United Nations General Assembly. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states. The organization operates in 177 countries, where it works with local governments to meet development challenges and develop local capacity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IC Programme Assistant to the Resident Representative
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Time left: 5d 14h 11m
Additional Category: Management
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
Duration of Initial Contract: 5 months
Expected Duration of Assignment: 5 months
- The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ largest agency with a mandate to eradicate poverty, through sustainable and inclusive human development. UNDP has been in Nigeria since the country became independent in 1960 providing capacity building and policy development support to the Federal Government of Nigeria in areas of Governance and Peace Building, Inclusive growth and Sustainable Development.
- UNDP continues to support, the government in the implementation of development interventions aimed at meeting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 2030.
- The ultimate goal of UNDP is to improve the lives of the people of Nigeria, especially the poorest and most vulnerable, and to ensure a future that offers equality, dignity and opportunity for all. UNDP works in partnership with the federal Government of Nigeria, development partners, UN agencies, civil society and local communities to help identify local solutions to meet global and national development challenges through a range of interventions that combine UNDP’s expertise and comparative advantage in the areas of Governance & Peace Building, Inclusive growth and Sustainable Development.
- In light of the imminent national elections and subsequent change in government administration, UNDP Nigeria seeks to contract an individual with excellent computer skills, attention to detail and organizational abilities to support the Resident Representative and the Senior Management Team in its preparations and engagements ahead of the swearing in of the new administration.
Scope of Work
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Resident Representative, and in close collaboration with the Senior Management, the Programme and Operations teams, UN Agencies and national authorities, the consultant will be responsible for, among other deliverables:
- Support the timely and efficient organization of events, meetings and initiatives including assisting with logistics, preparing invitations, maintaining participation lists, compiling, printing and organizing background materials into briefing books.
- Support travel management processes by coordinating travel arrangements (booking itineraries, coordinating visa applications, obtaining security clearances when appropriate, preparing travel requests and travel claims in line with travel entitlements).
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, budget monitoring, provision of information for audit.
The consultant will be expected to approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude and display a strong client orientation. As such s/he will display flexibility in performing other emerging tasks assigned by the Resident Representative or supervisor/manager.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
The consultant will be expected to produce a monthly accomplishment report that highlights tasks performed related to:
- Support to upcoming RR official missions and high-level engagements with partners including the compilation of briefing packages including printing and organizing briefing book binders.
- Coordination of travel for the RR and preparation of post travel claims.
- Update of the office contact database, assist with electronic filing of documents, and provision of logistics support during events organized by the office.
Recommended Presentation of Offer
- Letter of interest/proposal, explaining why the applicant considers him or herself the most suitable for the assignment.
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects and specifying the relevant assignment period (from/to), as well as the email and telephone contacts of at least three (3) professional references.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Organization and Planning
- Facilitation and Engagement
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Inclusiveness, Respect for Diversity and Persons with Disabilities
- Integrity and Professionalism
Applicants are reviewed based on Required Skills and Experience stated above and based on the technical evaluation criteria outlined below. Applicants will be evaluated based on cumulative scoring. When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Being responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation where technical criteria weighs 70% and Financial criteria/ Proposal weighs 30%.
- Technical evaluation – Total 70% (700 points):
- More than 5 years of relevant experience in administration or project support service (travel, budget, event planning, logistics, protocol, etc.). Weight = 10%; Maximum Points: 100;
- Familiarity with UN/UNDP finance and operations policies and guidelines. Weight = 20; Maximum Points: 200;
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office Suite (Excel) and databases. Weight = 10%; Maximum Points: 100;
- Knowledge of ERP systems i.e., Atlas, Peoplesoft is desirable. Weight = 10%; Maximum Points: 100;
- Experience working in fast paced environment in multinational organization with high level senior executives and professionals is desirable. Weight = 10%; Maximum Points: 100;
- Having reviewed applications received, UNDP will invite the top three/four shortlisted candidates for interview. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Interview: Weight = 10 %; Maximum Points: 100.
- Candidates obtaining a minimum of 70% (490 points) of the maximum obtainable points for the technical criteria (700 points) shall be considered for the financial evaluation.
Financial evaluation – Total 30% (30 points):
The following formula will be used to evaluate financial proposal:
- p = y (µ/z), where
- p = points for the financial proposal being evaluated
- y = maximum number of points for the financial proposal
- µ = price of the lowest priced proposal
- z = price of the proposal being evaluated
- Candidate obtaining the highest combined scores in the combined score of Technical and Financial evaluation will be considered technically qualified and will be offered to enter into contract with UNDP.
- Payment to the Individual Contractor will be made based on the actual number of days worked, deliverables accepted and upon certification of satisfactory completion by the manager.
- The work week will be based on 35 hours, i.e. on a 7 hour working day, with core hours being between 08h00 and 17h00 daily.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized administration, development and office management.
- University Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Administration, Management, Development or a relevant field would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in administration or project support services (travel, budget, event planning, logistics, protocol, etc.) is required.
- Familiarity with UN/UNDP finance and operations policies and guidelines is an asset;
- Knowledge of ERP systems i.e., Atlas, PeopleSoft is required;
- Strong capacity to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability for research, data collection and analysis;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Previous experience within the United Nations System would be a strong asset.
- Required to be adept in use of multiple media –computers, smart phones, databases, etc. with strong skills in MS Word and Excel;
- Experience in functioning in a fast-paced environment in multinational organization with high level senior executives and professionals is required.
- Experience as a pro-active assistant able to carry out tasks with a high degree of initiative and independence in delivering required outputs;
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills in English
- Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage, but not a requirement.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st January, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: IC Programme Assistant to the Resident Representative at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.