Human Resources Assistant at the International Organization for Migration
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
SVN No.: SVN2023.09
IOM Classification: G4
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Organizational Unit: Resource Management Unit (RMU)
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
- Working under the overall guidance of the Senior Resource Management Officer (SRMO) and the direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer (HRO), the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for assisting the Human Resources Officer in the management of human resources in IOM Nigeria Office and its Sub Offices.
In particular, he/she will undertake the below tasks:
- Assist and coordinate with all supervisors and project managers on the approvals related to contract renewals for the national staff and prepare a report for further extensions.
- Assist in coordinating the Advancement Within Grade (AWG) for all staff in the mission with the HR team.
- Maintain the HR filing system and ensure all files are updated with the right documents and ensure safe custody of all the files. Undertake regular checks in all the staff personal files to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist HR Officer in recruitment process for National Staff to ensure a fair process is followed, coordinate recruitment related tasks: Including drafting of vacancy, shortlisting, scheduling and participating in Interviews as required. Be responsible for all recruitments being made on SAP in a live manner, following up where required; Ensure all staffs Post Description are duly coordinated and classified with PAC, reporting to the HR Officer of any deviations if any:
- Assist with the separation process for National Staff and ensure all formalities are followed and payments / re-imbursements are completed within the stipulated time frame. Particularly, draft separation notices, ensure due completion of separation clearance forms, coordinate employee exit Medicals (as required); coordinate all separation clearance statements with Panama in coordination with the HR Officer as required.
- Assist in preparing general staff letters related to HR in coordination with the HR Officer.
- Process medical payments approved by HCPU Manila and Panama relating to staff confinement or treatment in hospital. Also prepare payments for all HR related medical outpatient bills with supporting documentation,
- Recruitment of Hourly staffs, coordination of due medicals with Pac before On-boarding into the mission and supporting with coordinating the hourly payroll with Sub-Office HR representatives and Projects units for payment processing.
- Support in coordination and follow up with staffs on SES.
- Perform any other related tasks as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Two years of relevant working experience with Bachelor's Degree in relevant field.
- CIPD, CIPM or HRCI membership is an added advantage.
- Minimum of two (2) years progressive relevant experience – post NYSC.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Mature individual, able to work independently under pressure, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines and working with minimal supervision.
- Solid computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite (Office, Excel, SharePoint PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience of working with international humanitarian organizations, in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Working experience in SAP is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with the UN common system or similar systems.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues.
- English Language is required (Oral and Written)
- Working knowledge of the local language
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications via email to: [email protected] indicating the Position applied on the subject
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd March, 2023.
Important Information & Notice
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
- Men with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line “SVN2023.09 Abuja. Human Resources Assistant G4”
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Posting period:
- IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Human Resources Assistant at the International Organization for Migration
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.