Human Resource Officer at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is an international non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and Brussels, Belgium with offices in 16 countries throughout Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe.
We work with businesses, foundations, governments and communities to build customized local and global partnerships that meet the world’s growing demand for food. Since our inception in 1985, we have designed and implemented enterprise-based, agricultural development initiatives to facilitate market access, enhance agribusiness competitiveness, increase productivity and improve access to inputs and credit across 45 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Job ID: 692
Category: International, Procurement
- The five-year USAID Feed the Future Nigeria Agribusiness Investment activity aims to strengthen the business enabling environment to promote private sector investment in the agriculture sector.
- To achieve this goal, the activity focuses on three interrelated components: improving the ease of doing business in the agricultural sector; broadening access to finance by mitigating the credit risks of agribusinesses; and promoting investment opportunities for agribusinesses to expand and scale up operations.
- In line with the U.S. and Nigerian governments’ commitment to growing the non-oil-based economy, these efforts will increase the quality, quantity, market access, and diversification of Nigeria’s agribusiness sector.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration, the HR Officer supports all Human Resource management of the office to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the Agribusiness Investment Activity’s office headquarters in Abuja.
- She / he will play a pivotal role in ensuring adherence to policies, procedures, and controls, including recruitment and hiring, personnel file management, resolving human resources-related conflicts, and maintenance of a field-level HR Manual, among other responsibilities.
- The HR Officer is also tasked with ensuring all human resource-related operations are executed in accordance with CNFA policy, USAID rules and regulations, and host-country regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties of the HR Officer include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all human resources operations, including recruitment, hiring, employee onboarding, staff orientation, performance reviews, exit interviews and disciplinary actions in compliance with USAID rules and regulations and local labor laws.
- Oversee contract management process for short-term consultants in compliance with CNFA policies.
- Conduct vetting, SAM checks, document verification, and reference checks for all new employees and short-term consultants.
- Oversee personnel file management in hard copy and electronic for all long-term and short-term project staff. Ensure all personnel records are maintained in a confidential manner.
- Ensure that employee contracts are in line with Nigerian Labor Law and Basic Conditions of Employment Acts.
- Monitor leave of all staff, including vacation, holidays, sick, bereavement, etc.
- Manage the contracting process for short term consultants.
- Update and maintain a project-level HR manual.
- Provide support to Components & STTAs for accomplishment of their administrative requirements.
- Assist with filing, reception, and other administrative duties, as requested.
- Assist, when requested, in Project events planning, by creating and sending invitation emails to guests, tracking RSVPs and following up by email and phone on attendees.
- Liaise with the Department of Labor or any other relevant Government of Nigeria authorities on labor or other human resource issues.
- Train supervisors regarding conducting performance evaluations of staff members in their units and monitor to ensure compliance with the process.
- Mitigate and resolve human resources conflicts and issues, seeking assistance and guidance from the Director of Finance and Administration or other senior staff members as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of Activity meetings events, trainings, travel authorization documents and accommodation logistics.
- Undertake other assignments or tasks at the request of the Chief of Party or the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Nigeria.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Project Management, or a related field.
- 4+ years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in human resource management the mid-level of an organization.
- Proficiency in working effectively as part of a team is required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required. Knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
- Experience in HR in donor-funded projects.
- Experience with USAID projects, including a demonstrated understanding of applicable personnel-related USG regulations is an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting wage and other HR-related market surveys.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (Resume + Cover Letter) to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Click here for more information
Application Deadline 6th February, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Human Resource Officer at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.