Spectrum Books Limited – We are Spectrum Books, you must have read our books. We are the conduit for ensuring millions of people have access to knowledge; whichbroadens horizons and increases opportunities for building a better life.We have painstakingly published quality books for over four decades having recognised the correlations between reading, knowledge acquisition, personal empowerment, and economic and societal development. We are Spectrum Books Limited! SBL is driven by excellence, and is passionate about transforming lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Assistant (Preferably Female)
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure all staff related activities, and documentation ranging from recruitment to retirement are adequate, up-to-date and timely.
- This also includes but not limited to staff welfare, training, punctuality, etc. All in the bid to ensure that staff are able to maximize their potential and in the process, the company achieves its goals.
- Agencies Establish relationship with several recruitment and be knowledgeable about process of placing vacancy adverts with online and newspaper media.
- Prospect in conducting interviews for filled job positions, based on record or information of non-performance or ill behaviour.
- Standard/Formats for letters; employment, confirmation, deferred confirmation, dismissal, retirement etc.
- Company orientation of New Staff which shall include giving/signing of the Staff Rules and Regulation, code of conduct forms etc. Introduction to all existing staff physically and via email. This followed by proposed departments’ orientation.
- Ensure all Openings are documented and brought forward for consideration
- Standardize recruitment process
- Keep file of successful applicants that are not recruited for lack of vacancy in related job position.
- Standardize Interview process
- Research and engage training outfits within Ibadan, its environs and outside the country.
- Ensure that a Well-Articulated Training Policy is in Place for all Levels of Staff.
- Constantly Appraise and Update the Training Policy.
- See to it that a well thought out Training Timetable (With Estimated Costs for the Budget Process) is Drawn and Approved for the current and Next Year.
- Constantly Appraise the Performance of Staff to identify short comings and proffer adequate training/course.
- Ensure that Files are kept on all Training and Workshops with attendees clearly stated, for Reference and Education Purposes.
- All Training / Workshop papers should be filed for reference.
- Staff that go on individual training must conduct in-house training on the subject, when they return.
- Ensure that Group Medical Insurance Policy Premium is Paid Promptly.
- Recognize staff sensitive moments; empathize in bad moments and celebrate good times i.e remember birthdays, events etc.
- Standardize welfare packages.
- Coordinate yuletide gifts with Admin.
- Ensure that Yearly Payment Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) is Made Promptly.
- Prepare Leave Roster and Establish Leave Travel Allowance (Leave Bonus) with the Approval of the Management.
- Staff must be Corporately dressed; wearing slippers not allowed within the office premise
Salaries, Appraisal, Reward:
- Establish default salary scale in relation to staff level
- Document the Appraisal Process.
- Establish non-Cash Rewards.
- Loans: Salary Advance, Personal Loan and Car Loan ETC
- Review salary scale to meet Economic Eventualities.
- Ensure Staff Performance Appraisal is conducted annually. Determine month.
- Create File for Each Staff which must contain all documents related to staff, from CV, Application Letter, Passport Size Photograph, Filled Employment Forms, Filled Guarantors’ Forms and Appointment Letter ETC
- Consistently renew Guarantor forms
- Update Staff files with correspondences ie Letters, Memo’s etc
- Keep a ‘Memo’ file, of copies of ALL memo’s issued, for referral
- The key objective of the team is to ensure the right staff are recruited, motivated and aided to achieve their full potential, and in turn help the company achieve its goals.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with 2 – 3 years work experience.
N50,000 – N70,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 19th January, 2022.