HR & Administration Coordinator at Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR & Administration Coordinator
Job Identification Number: 8571
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Category: Human Resources
Grade: 7 in NRC's grading structure
Duration of contract: 12 months renewable.
Reporting line: Human Resources and Administration Manager, Nigeria
- NRC has been present in Nigeria since 2015 and has been working to help displacement-affected communities meet their basic needs, improve their livelihoods, access essential services, and enhance their resilience to future shocks through our six core competencies: water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), Shelter, Education, Information-Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Livelihoods and Food Security (LFS), Camp Management, and Protection. NRC provides immediate assistance during the onset of emergencies through the rapid response mechanism (RRM).
- With a workforce of 370 staff and presence in key locations such as Maiduguri (in Borno State), Yola (in Adamawa state), and JOS (in Plateau state), NRC is able to respond to the needs of those affected by the conflict across North-East, and North Central Nigeria.
- These strategic locations have allowed NRC greater reach from the north and south parts of the North-East and North Central region and allowed NRC to contribute to bridging the gap between humanitarian aid and development cooperation, including through focusing on equitable access to essential services and strengthening the rights of displaced people and returnees. In addition to the Country Office and the above-mentioned Area Offices, NRC has sub-offices structures in Dikwa, Monguno, Biu, Mubi, Pulka and Gwoza.
- Under the supervision of the HR and Administration Manager, the HR and Administration Coordinator supports the area offices by ensuring high-quality and cost-effective support to the program/project implementation strategy and ensuring compliance with the designated plan of Action for the HR & Administration strategy.
- You will be based in Maiduguri, with frequent travels to the field.
- We are looking for people passionate about helping refugees and people forced to flee with proven experience in the international humanitarian sector.
- If you are those people, the Norwegian Refugee Council in Nigeria is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Human Resource and Administration Coordinator to join our Country office Human Resources Team in Maiduguri. You will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of Human Resources and administration generalist operations within NRC Nigeria by increasing the level of efficiency and HR/Admin operation support.
- To be successful in this role you will be a confident communicator with excellent relationship-building skills, capable of establishing strong relationships with stakeholders and solution-driven at all levels while supporting new initiatives and operations across the country.
- If you are highly organized individually, comfortable working in a remote environment, and have previous experience in delivering or coordinating administration and human resource functions, we would love to hear from you!
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and the national labor law in all processes and procedures
- Advice in personnel conflicts/processes when relevant
- Ensure that staff records in all offices in the area are up-to-date and filed appropriately in the HR personnel file archive (Physical and electronic)
- Transparently manage the HRMIS / Agresso HR Database. Input employee details, allocate resource numbers, and continuously update to ensure the staff establishment is accurate for payroll and reporting purposes and report to the HR Manager on a regular basis.
- Coordinate staff recruitment and exits, introductions, training, staff benefits schemes, etc.
- Coordinate with relevant partners, suppliers, authorities, lawyers, etc.
- Ensure accuracy of staff salaries, and prepare staff payroll every month computing the Taxes and pensions.
We are looking for:
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organization Development, Organization psychology, or a related field.
- Confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders at all levels, and challenge with humility when necessary
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions in INGO
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, or employee relations is an advantage
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer.
- Able to deliver effective results, and meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Previous work experience in Maiduguri is a plus.
- Nigeria Nationals only.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Nigeria
- Intuitive and empathetic, able to relate to others and build repour
- Highly organized, capable of operating within multiple reporting lines and managing various priorities successfully
- Experience working remotely within a team, meeting workload requirements, and being as effective through delivery as possible.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with staff in course of work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 3rd May, 2023 (12:41 PM).
- Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
- This position is open to National candidates only.
- We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: HR & Administration Coordinator at Norwegian Refugee Council
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.