One Acre, founded in 2006, supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria HR & Admin Supervisor
Location: Minna, Niger
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- You will ensure the smooth delivery of essential HR related functions on a monthly basis.
- You will join a growing team that is striving to put an end to poverty by transforming the lives of Nigerian farmers.
- The team’s purpose is to rapidly scale the OAF model in Nigeria.
- You will report to the Nigeria People Lead, the role will implement daily activities and provide excellent customer service to our customers in assigned areas including Payroll, HRIS, Staff care and implementation of procedures in accordance with the Internal policies and local laws.
- The Holder of this position is expected to be customer-focused .
- Onboarding Staff Members: You will help onboard 200+ new team members members hired into the Nigeria team. Tasks will include communicating with new hires regarding policies and benefits.
- Administrative & Customer Service Functions: The HR Team oversees quickly responding to a variety of HR-related inquiries from our staffers across the country program. You will be a key part of the process by quickly understanding and supporting staff members for all people related needs. You will administer HR related documentation, ensuring accurate and proper record-keeping of employee information in electronic and digital format. And, ensuring SuccessFactors database is up-to-date and accurate.
- Recruiting Functions: As with all members of the HR team, You will assist with interviewing candidates and occasionally attending outreach and recruiting events.
- Payroll QC Functions: You will review payroll forms and reports for accuracy and making necessary adjustments or corrections.
- Learning and Development Functions: You will support the coordination and delivery of effective learning & development programs and organizational development projects.
- Startup Functions: We are a young organization that is growing. This means that all staffers pitch in to ensure we are providing the very best support and services to both our staffers and clients. We are looking for an enthusiastic staffer who can tackle tasks quickly.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- We are looking for someone with a passion for people support and experience in HR. We are looking for someone with the following:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in an HR generalist function;
- Ability to maintain partnerships at all levels of the delegation, both with staff and managers;
- Ability to interact collaboratively in a multicultural team;
- Cultural awareness and commitment to encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Language: English required, Fluency in Hausa may be an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge of human resources principles and practices and the Nigeria Labor Laws;
- Working knowledge of and experience in using and creating databases and spreadsheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets);
- Ability to advise partners on all aspects of people management and development;
Preferred Start Date:
As soon as possible.
- This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Nigeria.
Health Insurance, Paid time off.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th March, 2022.