Housekeeper at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Housekeeper
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Slot: 5 Openings
- Under the direct supervision of the Housekeeper Supervisor, the Housekeeper Provides cleaning, housekeeping, and laundry services for the ICRC delegation and residences. Understands and applies fundamental hygienic principles.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans the offices and bedrooms
- Cleans the kitchen and washes dishes
- Completes daily checklist on cleaning tasks
- Proactively informs of spoilt equipment
- Washes and changes all the towels in the bathrooms
- Ensures that toilets are supplied with toiletries at all times
- Prepares kitchen utensils for the occupant.
- Ensures that supplies for coffee break/cleaning items are placed in the designated areas
- Irons washed clothes twice a week.
- Changes the bed sheets once a week and washes them
- Sweeps and mops the floor and tables
- Cleans the bathrooms and toilets
- Empties garbage bins, ashtrays, and shredders
- Takes care of water reserve for the dispenser and ensures that bottle is always refilled
- Makes the bed in the bedrooms
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
Education and Experience Required
- Secondary Education
- Proved previous similar work experience
- English speaking
Desired profile and Skills:
- Honest and trustworthy
- Very well organized and paying attention to details
- Sense of hygiene
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Send their CV and Certificates to: [email protected] Clearly indicate “ABJ202300366 Housekeeper ABJ” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 11th February, 2023; 16:30hrs.
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be considered)
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- (The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment)
- We welcome applications from all qualified candidates; Female & People Living with Disability applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ICRC will not request any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Housekeeper at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.