The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is an indigenous, non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening. CCCRN has established a formidable presence in Nigeria. With the headquarters in Federal Capital Territory and field offices in its operational states, CCCRN built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HIV Care and Support Specialist
Location: Akwa Ibom / Cross Rivers
Project: ICHSSA Lot 1
Department: Program Management
Reports to: State Program Manager
Secondary Reporting to: HIV Care and Support Advisor
- The Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award ICHSSA 1 is a newly awarded five-year agreement by USAID, commenced on December 19, 2019. ICHSSA 1 is implemented by Center for Clinical Care and Research Nigeria.
- The project will ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
The project expected results is highlighted as follows:
- Households have increased access to basic services and care for OVC
- Communities ensure that OVC secure their rights
- Local and State Government deliver basic services, detect and respond to child rights violations
- Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC subpopulations delivered
- Responsible for HIV care and support services for the OVC and their household
- Coordinate with other stakeholders to ensure enrollment and provision of requisite services to all HIV subpopulations enrolled in the OVC project
- Liaise with the treatment implementing partners to ensure all CLHIV are identified and enrolled in the OVC care
- Ensure HIV Care service provision at the household is designed to demonstrate attribution to the 95 95 95 epidemic control goal of the treatment partners
Job Specific Responsibilities
- S/he is to provide technical guidance to ICHSSA 1 partner CSOs in the Implementation oftechnical program activities for community-based HIV Care and Support in ICHSSA 1Program
- Under the direction of the HIV Care and Support Advisor, collaborate closely with the ICHSSA teamto roll out and implement an integrated and holistic community-based response to HIV /AIDs towards scaling up access to HIV prevention and care services for vulnerable childrenand their caregivers
- Provide technical input for the development of strategies, design and implementation of HIVPrevention / Care & Support activities by ICHSSA 1 project; ensure activities improve accessto HIV prevention and care services amongst project beneficiaries and their caregivers.
- Lead the process of monitoring of quality HIV care at the household and ensure drug adherence and viral load suppression
- Document OVC project attribution to the care and treatment partners overall achievement along the 95 95 95 epidemic control cascade.
- Work closely with the SMOH, SMWASD, SACA and HIV TWGs in Akwa Ibom and Cross Riverstates in identifying and capitalizing on leverage points for improved linkages and referralcoordination atthe community level and for Integration of HIV Prevention Care & Supportelements into other OVC areas project activities and vice versa
- Direct CSOs towards overall technical quality – including adherence to technical standards,best practices and donor guidelines for all HIV Prevention Care & Support activities of theproject.
- Support strategies towards ensuring that project activities are built on strong behaviorchange principles, and build the capacity of CSOs and relevant GON staff in effectiveimplementation and monitoring.
- Work with the Treatment partners and coordinate bidirectional patient referral from facility to community and vice versa.
- Obtains patient line list regularly and ensure data synergy with the treatment partners along all custom indicators.
- Other assigned roles by supervisor.
Key Working Relationships
- Supervisory: This position has no supervisory role
- Internal: State Program Manager, CSO Partners
- External: Other Implementing treatment partners, SACA ministry of health.
Qualification and Skills
- Master of Science and / or MPH with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience in implementing HIV Prevention, Care and Support programs or BS / MA in a relevant Health degree or Social Sciences plus a minimum of 4 years technical experience with community level HIV prevention, Care & Support programs
- Good knowledge of Government of Nigeria HIV Care and Treatment guidelines (Pediatric&Adult) and experience working with Ministry of Health and other relevant entitles
- Familiarity with PEPFAR-OVC programming and principles
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required
- Excellent analytic, organizational and computer skills; skilled In MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles
- Experience in supporting HIV Testing and Counselling programs in health facilities, mobile units and community outreaches
Agency Wide Competences (for all CCCRN staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CCCRN and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. CCCRN core values are; Excellence, Knowledge, Professionalism, Accountability, Diversity and Collaboration
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CCCRN’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates Should
Click here to apply
Note: CCCRN is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc
Application Deadline 12th January, 2022.