Health Safety Environmental Manager at Chemiron Care Limited
Chemiron Care Limited – Established in 1987, formerly known as Chemech Laboratories Ltd, the company name later changed to Chemiron International Ltd with manufacturing and distribution of our products from our Ikeja, Lagos factory. In 2019 the company name changed to Chemiron Care Limited, as we relocated our manufacturing operations to Agbara Industrial Estate to a new modern PCN – Compliant facility with our dedicated capsules and liquid filling production lines.
Our internal Quality Assurance team ensures strict adherence to good manufacturing practices throughout the production process. We are constantly expanding our product range across different therapeutic areas to be able to achieve our vision of being Nigeria’s No. 1 healthcare provider by keeping individuals and communities vibrant and healthy with high quality products accessible to all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Safety Environmental Manager
Location: Agbara, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Making regular site inspections
- Planning safe working practices and making necessary changes
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
- Ensure proper monitoring and compliance with the safety standards according to federal and state government Norms
- Adept in knowledge about firefight and process safety
- Providing health and safety training courses for employees and managers
- Investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints, and cases of ill health
- Ensure to maintain accurate records/ evidence of safety compliance and safety documentation.
- Safely handling hazardous substances
- Writing reports, bulletins, and newsletters
- Compiling statistics
- Making recommendations following accidents/incidents
- Keeping up to date with developments within the profession
- Making presentations to groups of employees/managers.
- Writing internal health and safety policies/strategies
- Ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/safely
- Undertaking risk assessments, identifying potential hazards and determining ways of reducing risks
- Liaising with relevant authorities and also being familiar with NESREA’s EHS compliance.
- Ensure proper maintenance of inventory of safety PPE
- Organizing/attending health and safety meetings
- Drawing-up safe operational procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Science / Engineering or equivalent with additional professional qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management Systems.
- 8 or above years’ experience in Health, Safety, and Environment and Fire Services in the
- Working knowledge in Health, Safety, and Environment Management Systems, Environmental Discharges, Incident Command Systems, and Incident investigations.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organization skills
- Good analytical skills and the ability to think critically
- Good public speaking skills
- Must reside along Agbara, Badagry axis
- HSE Qualification such as NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] or [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 15th February, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Health Safety Environmental Manager at Chemiron Care Limited
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.