Health, Safety & Environment Officer at JMG Limited
JMG Limited is a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in power generation, electrical infrastructures, and industrial equipment. With over 10 years of experience in Africa and strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands (Caterpillar Inc, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Legrand, Ge Lighting, Kaeser Compressors, Thyssenkrupp), JMG combines global technologies and regional expertise to fulfill the development needs of the African market.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety & Environment Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: L&D/System Compliance
- Support the implementation of the health safety and Environment procedures and foster a positive health and safety culture in the workplace.
- Inspect work sites and review working conditions.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check HSE policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Assess risk and possible safety hazards of all aspects of operations and give safety advice accordingly
- Keep records of HSE inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.
- Help in creating analytical reports of safety data.
- Inspect production equipment and processes to make sure they are safe and working in-line with factory ACT
- Ensure that equipment is installed correctly and safely.
- Ensure HSE management system is established within the organization, implemented and maintained.
- Oversee disposal of substances according to environmental guidelines.
- Implement preventive measures to ensure unsafe processes are not repeated.
- Audit production, offices and branches, keeping on the lookout for any unsafe behavior or breaks in regulations
- Advice on the repairs for unsafe and/or damaged equipment.
- Focus on prevention by keeping up with equipment maintenance and employee training.
- Present safety principles to staff in meetings or lecture-type training sessions.
- Participate in creating safety plans that include suggested improvements to existing infrastructure and business processes.
- Share safety information, suggestions and observations with project leadership to create consistency in safety standards throughout the production team and the entire company.
- Participate in meeting company health, safety and environmental goals and objectives.
- Investigate causes of accidents and other unsafe conditions on the job site to prevent recurrence.
- Liaising with store department for PPE issuance.
- Liaising with purchasing department for PPE budget and purchase.
- Liaising with Government agencies on statutory and regulatory requirements compliance.
- Take up IMS responsibilities such as reporting unsafe act, condition or procedure in the work place, participating in fire or emergency drill at work, participating in incident reporting and investigation when necessary and adherence to Company policies.
- Participate in finding the best way to prevent future accidents.
- Conduct HSE awareness at regular intervals.
- Conduct HSE induction for newly employed staff.
- Participate in identifying adequate personal protective equipment (PPE) for all job task within the company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Engineering, Occupational Safety and Health, and Environment or related field.
- 5 – 7 years of proven working experience in Health and Safety role. Experience in Industrial/Manufacturing environment would be a plus.
- Experience in a unionized environment would be a plus.
N165,000 – N220,000 monthly
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 10th March 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Health, Safety & Environment Officer at JMG Limited
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.