Eta Zuma Mining and Industries Limited provide premium solutions to businesses in the primary and secondary sectors of the economy, especially those in solid minerals, extractive industry, manufacturing industry and agriculture. Some of its clients are Zuma 828 Coal Limited, IMEX Mineral Resources and Processing Company, Zuma Energy Nigeria Limited, Zuma Steel W/A Limited, and Zuma Metals & Energy Resources Limited.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety and Environment Officer
Location: Ankpa Local Goverment, Kogi
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Health, Safety and Environment
- To co-ordinate, support and advise the organization on all aspects with regards to HSE.
- To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with HSE within Zuma 828 are adhered to.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are implemented.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and environment at work, including statutory training and reporting in accordance with ISO 45001 and ISO 9001 Standard.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Assist in the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & environment at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the organization.
- Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health, safety and environment matters.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented. Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Establish a full program of documented health & safety inspections, drills, audits and checks.
- Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the HSE Committee meetings.
- Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed in the future depending upon operational requirements and staffing level
Qualification and Experience:
- Graduate of Physical Science, Environmental Science or Engineering
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the mining, heavy duty equipment or in an heavy manufacturing industry
- Handling of HSE investigation
- Experience interpreting and revising technical HSE document such as policies, procedures, manual, risk register, JHA, HEMP , etc.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or ISPON level 3 Certificate)
- Provision of advice to managers/supervisors
- Member of ISPON, IOSH or IIRSM
- Strong interpersonal relationship skill
- Ability to work in and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with other to complete task and process improvement
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Assertive while carrying out duties
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Excellent reporting skills on Key HSE Data and KPIs
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF only to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted people will be contacted
Application Deadline 30th May, 2022.
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.