Health Field Officer 2 at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Field Officer 2
Location: Damaturu – Yobe and Kano
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of Office and in close collaboration with the Health Coordinator and Deputy Health Coordinator, the Health Field Officer 2 organizes and supports Primary Health Care activities including Nutrition and conduct first Aid Training for groups of interest in Damaturu or Kano and maintains overall health activities in the Area of Responsibilities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizes and supports relevant trainings at Primary Health Care (PHC) level including Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (IMCI), nutrition trainings, first aid trainings and Reproductive Health in collaboration with State Health Authorities (in Damaturu or Kano).
- Develop the technical capacity of PHC staff implementing Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) and IYCF activities through on job mentoring
- Provide support supervision to health workers in the supported facilities to improve on delivery of quality nutrition services at the health facilities and communities
- Ensure adequate linkage between the Outpatient Therapeutic Feeding Program (OTP) centres and Stabilization Center (SC) to ensure smooth referral processes for children referred to the SC from OTP and SC back to OTP
- Supports ongoing monitoring of health and curative care activities at PHC level and provides onsite training. Reports issues to the LGA Health Director/State Primary Health Care Development Agency/Board.
- Maintains regular contact with relevant interlocutors at State, LGA, and community and conducts joint monitoring of PHCs (minimum of every 3 months) with LGA Health/ State Primary Health Care Development Agency/Board.
- Work closely with the nutrition health officer to monitor nutrition situation for children under 5 and ensure referral and follow up of cases with medical complications
- Participate in training of health workers and community volunteers (CVs) on different health issues including Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF), hygiene promotion and malnutrition
- Develops strategies and a work plan to ensure appropriate planning, implementation, and monitoring for specific programs in PHC, First Aid, and Health Care in Danger.
- Ensure that there is strong communication with the health structures and relevant health partners for support programs i.e. PHC, First Aid. Emergencies
- Collaborates with the Yobe State health authorities and assists in setting up emergency response teams
- Participates in assessment, contributes to preparation of project proposals and budget preparation.
- Supports other health activities as required, nutrition, preventative/curative care, referrals.
- Ensures rational use of drugs and appropriate use of drugs as per national standards,
- Responsible for finalization of financial commitments e.g., payment of staff incentives and financial support to referred patients when necessary.
- Supports in planning and training for emergency response in collaboration with the MoH
- Participate in assessments, survey and surveillance activities as required and propose and initiate response
- Contributes to institutional reporting including Monitoring for Results (MfR), Field Trip Reports, Bi-weekly operational reports, project documents i.e. assessments, Proposals, Plan of Actions as required.
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary.
Education and Experience Required
- University Degree in related Health Sciences e.g., Nursing, Midwifery; registered and with relevant experience.
- Fluent in oral and written English, Hausa, and local languages of AOR.
- Previous experience working in Northern region is an added value.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Nurse/Midwife.
- Good computer skills: knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Previous experience with an NGO/INGO an advantage.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian Health system
- Good management and training skills
- Capacity to work independently.
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of political, social/ cultural/language environment of assigned area
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Certificates to: [email protected] using “ABJ202200359 Health Field Officer 2 DAT/KAN” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 10th March, 2023.
- Applications for this position that do not use the online Ms form will not be taken into consideration.)
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, gender, nationality, status, disability etc.
- (The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment)
- We welcome applications from all qualified candidates; Female & People Living with Disability applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ICRC will not request any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Health Field Officer 2 at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.