West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) is one of the first green field container terminal to be built in Nigeria under public private partnership. WACT is located in Onne port (some 30kms from Port-Harcourt) in Rivers State. We have been successfully connecting East, North, West Central Nigeria and Rivers state to the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Finance
Location: Onne, Rivers
- Leads the finance function for the terminal through accountability of accounting, control & risk, planning and performance management, corporate governance
- Responsible that business events with a monetary impact are correctly and timely recorded & reported in the relevant systems
- Establishes strategies and initiatives that support the business strategy
- Responsible for ensuring the financial information is reliable, accurate and compliant with all legal requirements
- Marked contribution in the Management Team of the terminal and the ownership of the financial results of the terminal
- Complexity of environment depending on structure, business, geography and maturity of the market.
- Stakeholder management with functional finance in HQ, the region, board members, external stakeholders
- Inspire, manage, motivate, coach employees and foster interdepartmental communication and collaboration
- Responsible for business intelligence and analytics to support decision making
- Responsible for a robust, risk-based internal control framework, enterprise risk management and fraud preventions
- Responsible for management of monetary assets/liabilities and capital structure
- Lead on functional initiatives (e.g. Blueprinting, offshoring, system changes), be innovative to drive them to success.
- Ensure uplifting of finance capabilities and processes, ensure effective and efficient finance function
We are looking for:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting of Business Economics. Preferably Auditor/Accountant/Controller (ACCA, RA, CPA or likewise)
- From 15 years of experience with Financial Business Partnering or Controlling on Business unit or Group level. (10-15 years’ experience in finance management roles)
- Strategic mindset, ability to drive strategic initiatives.
- Ability to provide leadership, present insights, advise, influence, and solve problems. Uses sound judgment and makes decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- Effective negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to build relevant networks in the local market
- Expert knowledge of setting of budgets, reporting, inventory control systems and accounting.
- Understanding of the container shipping industry and an ability to relate with shipping company and other associated industry managers.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th August, 2021.