Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
Ropay is a Payroll Management software for SME’s and Freelancers in Africa. At Ropay, we are building technologies that will shape how payroll and payment will be made? How are we building this? We are making use of AWS Cloud solutions to build out our technology stack. From Elastic Beanstalk to AWS serverless applications, we make use of them to build our technology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Engineering
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for someone to lead our engineering team who can work closely with the CTO to build and manage a stable technology infrastructure for the company. This role is ideal for someone who is a leader and has deep knowledge of Cloud Architecture, Platforms, and best engineering practices.
- Our ideal candidate is an individual to ownthe product engineering function and delivers exceptional results with in-depth experience, delivery, excellence, and thought leadership.
- The work will also involve goal settings, discussing methodologies, and analyzing technical risks before they come up.
- As the Head of Engineering, you will also be directly responsible for maintaining and building a high-performance engineering culture which includes building a team, mentoring them, and managing their careers with them.
- Lead the team of developers and engineers, establishing and maintaining standards.
- Oversee the development of a technical roadmap for innovation and technical requirements ensuring the product is stable and innovative.
- Report on team statistics monthly to gauge performance on a wide range of pointers.
- Gather feedback from stakeholders to make changes and improvements to support customer needs.
- Provide individuals with guidance, mentorship, and a path for growth within the Technology organization.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with at least 3 years work experience.
- Understanding of PHP and Python Programming language.
- Ability to build and deploy CI/CD pipeline.
- Knowledge and understanding of AWS Cloudwatch, AWS Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, EC2, and SNS
- Understanding of Cloudformation Scripting/YAML
- Understanding of NoSQL and SQL Databases.
- Key Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming Principles.
- Knowledge of how to build distributed systems and serverless Applications.
N450,000 – N650,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Selecting the role advertised as the position
Application Deadline 8th May, 2022.