The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Business Development, Exams
Location: Lagos or Abuja
Pay Band: 7
Contract Type: Indefinite Contract
Interviews: Week commencing 13th December
- The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver the 2-year market led, integrated cross portfolio Business Development & Sales strategy aligned with Global/Regional Exams strategy. The post holder will work with other British Council colleagues to leverage opportunities and create value.
- This role is ultimately responsible for building and managing demand, ensuring capacity fill, delivering income/surplus targets, ensuring excellent B2B Customer Service and overseeing quality of B2C customer experience.
Main Opportunities / Challenges for this Role
- Operating and embedding the business development and account management function under the global exams Sales, Marketing and Operations Planning model (SMOP) across a large country, developing new ways of working across the function, coaching and developing large teams.
- Working in a complex and challenging setting through a high period of change delivering on stretching surplus, income and volume targets across all exams products.
- Adapting processes and delivering business results during recovery period due to Covid global pandemic.
- Working within statutory and compliance standards.
- Adding value to key accounts in a competitive environment.
- Motivating and driving team performance. Upholding customer service culture.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
The main essential knowledge and experience points that we are looking for you to evidence are:
- Relevant work experience in a Business Development Manager role
- Significant experience of managing a large team and managing staff performance
- Significant experience collecting and analysing client/stakeholder feedback and using the data to identify business needs and obstacles; works to resolve them
- Takes a pro-active approach to identifying ways in which service can be improved, and takes these forward
- Demonstrated analytical ability and commercial acumen
- Demonstrable experience of sustaining and/or growing a product/service in line with strategic priorities for income and impact
- University Degree in any subject or qualification in a relevant field
- Business development experience in the English & Exams sector
- Experience working in exams.
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria. The British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
N13,410,959 per annum
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th December, 2021 (23:59 South Africa Time)
Commencing 13th December 2021. (Candidates will be required to present to the panel on a presentation topic which will be shared ahead of interviews)