Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Legal
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Implements initiatives and sets standards that reinforce ethical culture within the organization
- Provides strategic and operational guidance, aiding in litigation issues such as contract disputes and matters affecting departmental transactions.
- Advice the company Executives on all legal compliance matters as it relates to the company.
- Review all formal communications regarding every current dispute.
- Review of all document’s relation to existing litigation matters.
- Prosecuting/defending and resolving all disputes.
- Deal with issues surrounding Corporate Commercial transactions, Corporate Governance, Joint Venture Agreements, Corporate Secretarial practice.
- Prepare, review and advise on contract documents and other documents that require legal attention and guidance.
- Collaborate with other departmental Heads ensuring productive systems in place relating to compliance of high impact policies such as anti-bribery and corruption, financial transaction compliance etc.
- Represent the organisation or department as required in relevant legal cases, attend court when necessary & liaison with advocates, etc.
- Responsible for securing business operations compliance with relevant regulatory bodies and litigation, legal notices, keeping records of all licenses, and all litigation matters.
- Ensure that the company maintains compliance with the statutory requirements relating to the governance and management of the company, the Memorandum and Articles of Association, as well as the Company’s and Allied Matters Act in general.
- An LL.B in Law / 10 years post Call to Bar
- Experience in an Oil and Gas / EPCIC company is an added advantage
- LL.M Corporate Law
- Able to remedy complex legal issues without inviting the services of external legal advice
- Requires litigation skills to handle administrative procedures within public authorities
- Nigeria Bar Association.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply