Babban Gona Agricultural Franchise is a financially sustainable, high impact and highly scalable social enterprise, which is part-owned by the farmers it serves. Babban Gona is an innovative model designed to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job-creation engine. Through this agricultural franchise, Babban Gona offers a suite of services to smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Audit
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Direct a comprehensive program of internal audit for Babban Gona to ensure that internal control systems which supports the reliability and integrity of financial, operational and information technology are reviewed at appropriate intervals and effective recommendations are made for corrective actions as required.
- Provide annual assessment on the adequacy and effectiveness of Babban Gona’s processes for controlling its activities and managing its risk in the areas set forth under the mission and scope of work.
- Report significant issues related to the processes for controlling the activities of Babban Gona and its affiliates, including potential improvements to those processes, and provide information concerning such issues through resolution.
- Provide information on the status and results of the “Annual Audit Plan and the sufficiency of resources.
- Coordinate with and provide oversight of other control and monitoring functions (risk management, compliance, security, legal, ethics, environmental, external audit and Code of Business Conduct).
- Develop a flexible “Annual Audit Plan” using an appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by management, and submit that plan to the Committee for review and approval as well as quarterly updates.
- Identify and assist in documenting existing internal finance and disclosure controls, implementing and documenting new internal controls, and establishing an internal monitoring function to audit the company’s compliance with such internal controls.
- Provide independent reviews and evaluations of the company’s operations, information systems, controls, major business processes, records, and reporting functions and provide recommendations to the company’s management, external auditors and the board of directors.
- Evaluate and assess significant merging/consolidating functions and new or changing services, processes, operations, and control processes coincident with their development, implementation, and/or expansion
- Issue “Internal Audit Reports” to management at the conclusion of each audit after full discussion with the management of the area audited.
- Develop, update and execute the implementation of the Internal Audit Charter as approved by the Committee and in line with the IIA Standards.
- Prepare and implement a risk-based audit plan to assess, report on, and make suggestions for improving the company’s key operational and finance activities and internal controls.
- Work closely in partnership with senior managers throughout the company to assess the company’s processes for identifying and managing business risk and delivering organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- This position reports to the Board Finance and Audit Committee.
Profound know-how in auditing and reporting:
- Master’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Commerce, Finance or other relevant discipline is required
- Professional accounting designation (i.e. – CA, CPA, CMA, CISA, CIA) and active membership in a relevant professional association is required
- Current knowledge of industry practices, trends and issues
- Highly developed organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional negotiating and decision making skills
- Strong management or leadership skills as exhibited by experience in effectively leading a team and /or chairing committees
- Superior interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to form professional relationships at all levels of the organization and with appropriate external stakeholders
- Previous experience working in a higher education or training institution is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of related work experience in management of Internal Audit and/or Finance
- Expert skills in auditing techniques, accounting and management principles
- Superior knowledge of international accounting and auditing policies, procedures, principles and standards
- Strong working knowledge of budgeting and accounting policies, procedures and standards
- Prior experience in organizing, planning, managing and supervising the audit functions and in conducting financial reporting
- A high degree of computer literacy; experience with ERP financial systems is an advantage
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Unlocking Potential of Team Members:
- Extensive experience and passion for coaching/ mentoring a team.
Detailed Orientation and Managing Complexity:
- Extensive experience leading a complex organization and passion for getting into details to identify the root cause of issues and create innovative solutions.
- Competitive salary.
- Health Insurance.
- Performance Bonus.
- Annual paid vacation.
- Group Life Insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.